Harlot

Harlot

A Poem by Olumegbon

I'm working for the money, so I made my carmel toe so costly. I remember days I bent my back for so long just because I had to pay the rent. The tears never erased the fear. Customers wished they could hit it like lovers but 3mins and it was over. I got sore sometimes because the soft walls tore. I hate the pleasure but it brought enough treasure to please me in my leisure time. I'm such an enigma, stuck with this stigma. I care less about what they think, I dress well to get more links. I never had the courage, so to get the work done, I needed the alcohol to stay long. The euphoria they expressed doubled the rage I felt. I'm always in a forlorn state but surviving made me realise the only power I needed was between my legs. Men are slaves to our labia majora, I believe its their only reason for feeling alive. I had no parents to build my foundation, so to me, family was a superstition. Several times I popped pills because more money allowed them go in unprotected. I always feel disgusted, especially when the condom in use got busted. Well, its the path I took to survive, a business I will do till I die, I'm an harlot, judge me if you like, I care not.

© 2015 Olumegbon


Author's Note

Olumegbon
Your opinion matters...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are a amazing writer. This poetry need to be spread, read and understood.
"I'm always in a forlorn state but surviving made me realise the only power I needed was between my legs. Men are slaves to our labia majora, I believe its their only reason for feeling alive. I had no parents to build my foundation, so to me, family was a superstition. "
The above lines were told to my by sister. Not in exact word by my Grandfather. Woman have strength and power than they know. You said a lot in the short poetry. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Olumegbon

9 Years Ago

Really, that's nice. Thanks for your review. Really put a smile on my face.
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I'm glad. A outstanding poem. Filled with real wisdom.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 5, 2015
Last Updated on January 5, 2015

Author

Olumegbon
Olumegbon

Lagos, Nigeria



About
A vast mind. more..

Writing
Afterlife Afterlife

A Poem by Olumegbon