SELENA'S  DAUGHTER (The Prophecy)

SELENA'S DAUGHTER (The Prophecy)

A Chapter by Ifeoma Isabella Okeke
"

Read and enjoy

"
The first thing Grace saw when she walked into the princess room was the clothes been thrown onto the ground by a very angry Princess.

“Where have you been since morning?” Princess Mary angrily asked.

“Good morning my Princess, I was out at the back of the castle. I am sorry I am late your highness”. Grace answered.

“Oh, let me guess, talking to your animal friend again. You seem to have forgotten what you are assigned to do every morning. Should I always remind you the rules?” Princess Mary asked.

“I am sorry my princess I promise it won’t happen again”.

“Well thank your stars that I am in a very good mood today, because I will be celebrating my birthday and also be betrothed to the Prince of Gash so I don’t want to soil my hands into a dirty thing like you, but, I am going to let this slip away and not punish you. Now find me a dress that will be befit for the new Queen Of Gash”.

“Thank you, my Princess”. Grace said and went to do her task. Soon Grace find the perfect dress and gave it to the princess. “Will that be all you want me to do my Princess?” Grace asked her as she dresses the princess.

“Yes, just one more thing. Once the ball starts I don’t want to see you around the castle, so you are given a permit to go outside the castle walls with Lily till the ball finishes. Do not try to run away, you know what happened to those that tried. So you have my permission to go outside. Well that will be all”.

“Yes my princess”.
Grace left the room in silence.

****************************************************************

Grace and Lily went outside the castle once the ball had started Unlike Lily who had been outside the castle walls and into the village of Eleanor, Grace has never step her foot into the Village of Eleanor. She had been sold into slavery immediately the soldiers that had attacked her village got to Eleanor. Grace smiled at everything she set her eyes on, she hasn’t seen the outside wall palace before, so everything else looks new to her.

Lily saw Grace, as she was smiling her heart out, and asked her the reason why she was smiling. “Well, this is my first time of being outside the palace walls. And I didn’t even know Eleanor has much people living in it”, Grace answered her and Lily also smile down at her and told her “Yes, it does”.

The two girls walked around the village for a while before Lily told Grace to wait for her that she was coming and went to a shop opposite them. As Grace stood, waiting for Lily who hasn’t come out yet, she heard a voice that called her name, and strange enough it looks as if the person was standing close to her, so she turned around looking for the person that called on her but she couldn’t see anyone “Where are you?” She asked. “Beside you Grace. I am beside you” The voice replied back.

Grace then turned, at her left arm side she saw an old lady who sat down by the road side begging for alms, the old lady then look up at Grace and smile. “Here I am Grace”. Grace suddenly realize that the old lady didn’t open her mouth to speak and she then move closer to the old lady with caution and asked her at once. “How did you know my name? Who are you and how can I hear you when you didn’t even open your mouth to speak?”

The old lady smiled “I know who you are child and you can hear me because I am speaking to you through your mind”. The old lady said and again she didn’t open her mouth to say a word. Grace looked surprise. “You said you know who I am, right? Then please explain who I really am”, Grace said. “I can’t tell you who you truly are. You will be the one to find out who you truly are. You were born for two reasons: you either become evil or you become good”. “I don’t understand what you just said now” Grace told her.

“The Great book of OMENS once said, the first child of Selena will be born to destroy the world or save it. A prophecy was then seen and was tore into two parts, a half of the prophecy was given to the forces of darkness and the other half was given to the forces of light. Now it is up to you to choose the path you will pave on”.

“My mother once told me about I will have to choose in the future but still yet, I still don’t get it, what path was she talking about?” “That is because you do not listen with your ears, I don’t have much time explaining to you Grace but when it’s time they will be the one to tell you what you really need to know. Now look inside my bowl, what do you see?” the old lady asked.

Grace looked into the old lady’s bowl that was filled with water instead of money and was surprise to see two colorful fishes swimming round the bowl, one of the fish was gold in color and the other one was silver in color. She was a little bit confused “There are two fishes inside the bowl” Grace replied after a while. “Good. This two fishes represent the path you will choose. Now you are going to choose one of them, do not forget that sometimes our appearance can change. Look at the fishes carefully and choose your destiny”. The old lady told Grace.

Grace then looked into the bowl again, but this time she was very observant. She noticed the two fishes swimming about without a care, but she couldn’t help but notice the silver fish swimming at a slow pace, as if it wanted to die, as if the fish could read her thought it die. When the silver fish rise up slowly to the surface of the bowl, Grace without a single thought put her hand into the bowl and took out the silver fish from the water, immediately the silver fish started bleeding in her hand.

The old lady smile as she shook her head. “You have chosen your destiny Grace”. “But how can I know if I have picked the right fish?” Grace asked anxiously. “You will soon know the path you had chosen. I wish you good luck as you will walk this path soon”.


“Where have you been since Grace. I have been searching for you everywhere, and I thought I had lost you but thank the gods that I have found you”. Grace was startled to hear the voice of Lily behind her then she turned to face Lily. “I was talking to a new friend of mine……. She was telling me some things. Let me introduce you to her”. Grace turned around to point at the old lady but was shocked when she saw no one, no old lady nor a bowl. “She was sitting down here and was talking to me before you showed up”. Grace said still looking around to see if she could see the old lady. “Hmmm, Maybe you didn’t see anyone, you know this is your first time coming out so I won’t blame you. Come on let’s us go back to the castle by now the ball might have finish”. Lily said as she gave Grace an apple she had brought when she went into the shop. And they left there.


****************************************************

Grace and Lily soon reached the castle, true to words of Lily the ball has finish. Lily immediately went inside while Grace went to the back of the castle, looking at the forest behind it and sat down on a rock. Her mind went back to what the old lady had told her. She was so lost in thought that she was startled when she heard a voice barely whispering “Help me! Somebody please help me”. Grace stood up and looked around her to see if it was the old lady again, but, it wasn’t the old lady’s voice she heard, the voice felt different. She then realize that the voice was coming from the forest, she immediately stop, she has never set her foot inside the forest before, she was still deciding whether to go into the forest or not when the voice came again and without a second though ran into the forest and soon came out in an open clearing, she look around and saw where the voice was coming from.

A rabbit with a beautiful coat of white fur was in a trap set for bigger animals which the rabbit had mistaken stepped on. Grace knelt beside the rabbit and release it from the trap. “You came and save me, thank you Grace”.
“Who told you my name? I don’t remember telling you that”. Grace asked surprised. The rabbit limped a little bit away from Grace and sat down facing her. “Yes I do know your name, you are Selena’s daughter, the one the prophecy has spoken about long time ago”. The rabbit told her.

“Selena’s daughter? Wait, is that my mother’s name? And why do you strange people keep telling me about the prophecy, a prophecy which I don’t even understand. What this prophecy says?” Grace asked. “I am sorry my child I am not permitted to tell you. When it’s time they shall tell you all you need to know and yes your mother name is Selena”. “I have been hearing of this “They” since I was little, please can you tell me about them”. “I myself don’t know who they are, the prophecy did not mention who they are, it only said they will come for you when it’s time”.

Grace nodded her head and then looked up at the sky and saw it was getting dark. “Uhmmm…Mr. rabbit, I better be going before the princess starts looking for me. It was nice speaking with you”. “No, I should be the one thanking you. I can perceive that your destiny is about to unfold, no matter what happens you should remember in you lies the lives of many people. Be careful of your friends not all are what they seems to be. When the time shall come you will know who truly is your friend. I shall take my leave now Grace. I hope to meet you again and when we do I hope it will be for the better” the rabbit said and turn to leave. “It will Mr. Rabbit, good bye my new friend”. Grace said. “My name is Geo, call me Geo”. The rabbit said and ran out of sight leaving Grace all alone in the forest then she slowly made her way to the castle.

***************************************************************

Darken stood at a mountain top over looking the kingdom of Eleanor. Behind him were his armies of inhuman immortals ready at his command. General Groh rode on his horse as he made his way towards Darken. “Sir, we are all ready”.
“Very good then. Get ready Groh we are going to strike the kingdom of Eleanor tonight".

To Be Continued


© 2018 Ifeoma Isabella Okeke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on March 8, 2018
Last Updated on March 8, 2018
Tags: Love, Magic, Betrayal