Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Prison of Ice

Prison of Ice

A Story by Omegax45
"

He fought against the curse for so long without help. Why now, does this demon appear?

"

Prison of Ice

by Omegax45

 

 

 

            He was almost there.  Soon now, after so long, he would be there and he would set him free.

            This has been going on for over a thousand years at least, since the two angels were punished by the High Council of Heaven for their sin.  One of them was locked up in a prison that was surrounded by very sharp and thick ice, the very tips of their spikes sharp enough to cut through the thickest of armor like a hot piercing blade.  The other, a young male angel with bright golden hair and pale blue eyes, remained outside the prison, battling through the ice to reach the center.  However, every time he came very close, the ice would retaliate and push him back, regenerating itself.  Then, the process would repeat itself all over again. 

            Many of heaven and hell’s minions have watched this scenario play itself out with either amusement or pity.  Only the High Council of Heaven or God himself could remove the curse upon the two, but many had felt that whatever sin the two angels had committed was too great to ever be redeemed.  No human knew of such a tale, for none would remember if they were to learn of it.  It was not their place to know, being mortal beings that have yet to learn the reason for their own existence.  No one had ever bothered to ask why the blonde-haired angel continues with his hopeless attempts in saving his friend, becoming weaker as time passes and was on the brink of collapse.  One would say he would die if he didn’t give up, but angels can’t die.  Only their creator can take away his life, and it seemed that will not happen.

            Someone had taken an interest in the sad tale, passing by when her eyes have caught the blonde-haired angel.  Her comrades told her to leave them be, that they were cursed far worse than their own master.  However, she couldn’t.  It was too much of a temptation, and her kind was never one to resist temptation.

 

* * * *

 

“What are you doing?”

The blonde-haired angel looked up from his attempts to break the extremely hard ice to see a tall woman with long hair black as night and piercing golden eyes standing behind him.  She was clad in a leather top that left her arms and stomach bare and matching pants and shin-high boots.  She had leather black wings that had red vein-like patterns, a long tail wrapped around one of her legs that ended in a sharp blade, and a pair of multiple silver horns behind her ears that had the tallest pointing to the sky and the smallest at the bottom of her ear that pointed behind her.  In her hand and slung upon her shoulders was a large scythe, the staff-like handle appearing to wrap around one side of the menacing blade like a lover with sharp claws.

“You’re a demon aren’t you,” the angel accused, taking a shaky step back in fear of what the demon would do to him, “What do you want with me?”

“I asked you a question,” the demon pointed out, shrugging, “The name’s Lilith, by the way.  What’s yours?”

“….Michael.”

“The archangel that defeated Lucifer?  I thought you were older.”

“No, not that Michael.  I just happened to have the same name as him.”

“Figures.  I doubt you could put up a fight with the King of Hell anyway.”

“What about you?  I heard that the Most Unclean took a bride named Lilith and she gave birth to many monsters like Cerberus in the Fourth Circle.”

“Same as you.  Same name, different person.  Besides, it’s Third Circle, not Fourth.  A detestable Circle, if I may add.  Not many demons want to be in that level.”

“So,” Michael turned to look at the ice that was beginning to regenerate, “Are you going to tell me why you are bothering me?  I answered your question.”

“Not really.  You didn’t tell me what you were doing, although that doesn’t need much answering.  The rumors go that you and your trapped friend pissed off the High Council of Heaven royally and you both were sentence to this sorry drama tale.  The angel that fights through the ice to save his imprisoned friend, only to be thwarted whenever he gets close to his goal.  It’s almost been a thousand years and you’re still at it, so I would like to know what drives you to go this far.”

“A demon like you wouldn’t understand.”

“Try me.”

The angel sighed, seeing that all of his hard work had vanished and finally fell to his knees in exhaustion. Up close, one could see that the thousand years of endless digging and fighting had left their mark upon Michael.  His long-sleeve white tunic that reached his ankles was torned and stained with blood both old and new.  His hands and arms were covered in fresh and old wounds as well as scars that were forced to be reopen as wounds over and over again.  His once white and glossy swan wings were dull and losing their feathers, feathers bent or broken, making the wings completely useless.  He couldn’t fly again, even if he wanted to.  His eyes had rings under them, his cheeks stained with dried tears and his long hair a darker color and had split ends from lack of treatment of any kind.  Lilith could smell that the young Michael was nearing his end, yet he will not die until God takes away his life.  It was the same with her, for she could not die unless Lucifer took her own life away himself, being the creator of all hell demons.  Not that she wanted to die anytime soon.  As she ponders what drives this angel to such extremes whereas others would simply give up and walk away, a thought came to mind.

“What was it that you two did so wrong to piss the High Council of Heaven off?”

The question startled Michael, for no one had ever asked him before, not even his once dear friends that tried to stop him from his quest and merely left him all alone after a week of trying.  He thought to tell her off, but since she was a demon, no one would believe her if they asked.

“Inside this ice is my love.  We were best friends since our hatchling years by the Tree of Life, and only discovered our love by a simple act.  We had to hide our love, for it was a sin, but it was so hard.  We were very careful, but I had no idea that another wanted my beloved and told the council.”

“How is being in love a sin,” Lilith asked, confused.

“Because we’re both men,” the angel confessed, lowering his head and waiting to hear how shameful he was.

“That’s a stupid reason,” the demon stated, looking to the heavens as Michael looked up at her with wide eyes, “There are humans all over Earth that are in homosexual relationships, even bisexual and have many mates.  In Hell itself, Lucifer doesn’t give a s**t about how many homosexual demons there are.  In fact, it is rumored that many of his harem are lesbians by their own right and he enjoys their ‘shows’.”

“But those are humans and demons.  Angels cannot be in any form of relationship until the council gives them a mate.  We were not meant to be together, and I had even forsaken the mate they were giving me.  I cannot live a lie nor hurt her.”

“That would be worse.  I know the big man upstairs hates liars.  He probably hates them just as much as murderers, rapists, child abusers, and so on.  But still, you said that they punished you both because you were men.  Does that mean that Heaven is homophobic?”

“One would say that, yes.  But, there are those allowed in such a relationship.  It’s usually those that cannot conceive like my love.  Since he cannot produce a child, seed is not wasted in marital acts of love.   But I can have children, so it is necessary to pair me with a woman and produce offspring for future generations.”

“I always knew it was hard enough to get into Heaven without trying to bribe one of the higher ups, but never knew how strict the twits are up there.  Tell you what, since this punishment only affects both you angels, why not become human?”

“Human,” Michael looked at the demon with curious eyes.

“It is said in hell that an angel can become human if his wings are cut off,” Lilith explained, “If your love does that, then the council can’t keep punishing him without breaking the cardinal rule:  No harming humans until Armageddon, which is quite a while off if I might add.”

“But…what if the council punishes us for cutting off our wings?  What if they separate us, leaving him in there while I’m far away?”

“They may separate you, but they can’t keep him in there.  That would be breaking the rule.  Besides, you’ll find one another again one day if you both are separated.”
  “Are you sure?  Why tell me this?  You’re a demon, an enemy of God and all angels.”

“Who knows,” Lilith shrugged her shoulders, lowering her scythe and lifting one of Michael’s wings with the end blade, “but you have a new option rather than replay this overly done drama.  Lose the wings, or lose you beloved forever.”

With that, she pulls her scythe back, making the angel flinch, and walks away.  Michael watches her leave, then looks down at the feathers scattered all around him, then at the ice encasing his beloved angel.

 

* * * *

 

“I didn’t think you had an ounce of compassion within you Lilith,” the named demon bowed her head before a large dragon-like shadow that floated before her within the Fifth Circle of Hell- Wrath, “Those angels took your advice and now the High Council of Heaven is in an uproar.”

“Forgive me for questioning you my lord,” Lilith spoke softly, “but I thought you would be pleased with this turn of events.”

“It does please me to see God’s followers acting like the very things they are jealous of,” the shadow replied, the tail flickering, “but it does not answer my question.”

“Just two less angels to worry about in the time of Armageddon,” Lilith replied, “Also, I felt that they were too ignorant for their own good as angels.  They weren’t even worth the time of the lesser demons when the war begins once again.  From what the one called Michael told me, Heaven is having a hard time conceiving children and needs those with vital seed to mate with those with fertile wombs.”

“Bah,” the shadow laid down, twitching his wings, “Such foolish lies.  The angels are born from the Tree of Life as eggs, and given to couples of any type once hatched to be raised.  The council only wants to look good to the human souls that enter their gates, especially to those that follow the rules of that useless book and are quite the fanatics of it.”

“The Bible,” the demon guessed, to which the shadow nods, “Whatever the reason, those two should keep you entertain for awhile and prove Heaven’s hypocrisy once again, my lord.”

“Indeed, but you neglected to tell the angels one thing.”

“And that is?”

“Even if they cut off their wings, they are technically human.  It doesn’t mean that they have the souls of a human and their very essence will vanish upon the time of their death.  Only God can grant them true humanhood, and they turned their backs to him.  No doubt He will not be so kind to them upon the time of their passing.”

“It doesn’t affect me now unless the council wants to do battle against me,” Lilith informed, “What’s done is done.  They can deal with it.”

“Many have the old story about those two wrong,” the shadow continued, “From what I heard long ago, it was a high council member that wanted one of them for himself.  To find out that the heart he longed for was taken…Heh, heh, heh.”

“So a conspiracy was afoot,” the demon concluded, “The power of choice is a very dangerous thing indeed.”

“Indeed,” the shadow agreed, “It can make an angel possessive and a demon helpful.  It has made the humans entertaining as well.”

“If I may leave now my lord,” Lilith said suddenly, “I have souls to torture in the Eighth Circle.

“Then off with you,” the shadow changed into the form of a man with sinister eyes, “I shall see to my harem for entertainment.”

“Please enjoy yourself Lord Lucifer,” Lilith bowed and the shadow vanished.

 

THE END

© 2013 Omegax45


Author's Note

Omegax45
I hope everyone likes this. I had it beta-read, so I'm pretty certain there aren't any spelling or grammar mistakes. This has nothing to do with religion or any of its lessons taught to us. I just wanted to point out that not everything is so black and white. There are shades of gray in-between.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

well written. It does make you think.

Posted 11 Years Ago


i love this! it kind of has its own hidden meaning to it about religion and commiting sin. besides a few grammical errors this is really interesting and unique!

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow, that was different. I liked the message between the lines, that God is meant to be perfect and when something is "unperfect" in his eyes, or in the eyes of those who follow him, they punish what they call "sin" as an example to everyone else.
good writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

438 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 23, 2011
Last Updated on January 2, 2013
Tags: angels, demons, curse, love, same gender, forbidden, romance

Author

Omegax45
Omegax45

CT



About
I have published my second book in the series after three years: Hell's Detective: Lust. It is available now on Amazon Kindle and soon to be available as a paperback. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Omegax45


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Omegax45


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Omegax45