Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Omegax45

Savior

by Omegax45

 

 

Note:  Please read ‘Guardian’ before reading this story.  Thank you.

 

 

Chapter 1

 

                        Once, the world was a beautiful place.  Forests of green shaded the tender earth with their long branches.  Oceans, rivers, and lakes of blue sheltered the simple lands with their massive bodies and gave life to all.  Great cities that tried to reach the heavens with their large buildings.  Living creatures existed in a tense, but comfortable existence.  There were those that saw no wrong in how they live.  There were those that sought to make things better for all.  No one was right, yet no one was wrong.

                        Then the day came.  The world struck out against the living creatures.  The land shook violently and split open to reveal hot molten rivers that burned and incinerated all that they touched.  Oceans swelled and lashed out at the lands with large hands, swallowing all that they touched.  Creatures the likes only have seen in books appear, fighting against each other and killing anything they can.  Forests were burned.  Cities were swallowed.  None had escaped the world’s wrath.

                        In the mist of the chaos that brought all to their knees, a child rose up.  He was no one of importance, just a simple child with no family but the friends that allied themselves to him.  It was he that led the survivors to safety.  It was he whose guidance led them to survive in the world that has seemingly forsaken them.  It was in him that they found survival.  Salvation.

                        They call this child the Savior.  An angel sent by God to save them.  But now, however, they could no longer call him a child.  The child had grown, standing tall before all.

                        As a man.

 

* * * *

 

                        “Do you like being a hero?”

                        A young man turns to look at the one that has spoken to him.  He looks just like the young man remembered, carrying the air of arrogance and coldness that made it difficult to tell what he is feeling.  The twin katanas were sheathed on either side of his waist, and he wears the same outfit as before.  There is no mistaking this person, the very one that left a lasting scar upon his cheek.

                        “I’m not being a hero,” the young man states lightly, “I am merely doing what I must to save as many lives as I can.  That is all.”

                        “I didn’t think an Angel was capable of lying,” the man turns to the side, “You are only doing what you are born to do.  Save this pathetic race that stole the love of our Creator.”

                        “Let’s take this outside,” the young man said as he notices a few humans walking into the area they are in, “We can settle our score without… distractions.”

                        “Sounds good,” the man replies as they begin to walk, “I wouldn’t want to harm your precious…friends.”

                        “Sarcasm really doesn’t fit you.”

                        “Demons are not honest, remember?”



© 2011 Omegax45


Author's Note

Omegax45
I will be adding a new chapter each day I get a chance. Like I said, short. Enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is very good. You started off and ended very well. Short, yes, but sometimes short can be a good thing. The cliffhanger is very good. Keeps me wanting to read more. Great job!!! Reading on. . .

Posted 10 Years Ago


Hello
You remember me? I wrote about the legless ones. Now I understand why you enjoyed the story. Congratulations on your work too. I enjoyed the read and I like your clarity and concision. It makes a change!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 6, 2011
Last Updated on November 2, 2011


Author

Omegax45
Omegax45

CT



About
I have published my second book in the series after three years: Hell's Detective: Lust. It is available now on Amazon Kindle and soon to be available as a paperback. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Omegax45


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Omegax45


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Omegax45