When love was a stranger

When love was a stranger

A Poem by Dream Weaver
"

Revised

"

Before love was a stranger with trembling hands,

I choked on its emotional and physical demands.


Before love was a stranger I’d sit by the phone, dialing numbers in the darkness, desperate and alone.


Before love was a stranger it confided in me, always taunting and teasing so effortlessly.


No party invites no formal dress, no significant other do I possess.


It’s just me myself in an empty room, a dusty old sarcophagus in which I’m entombed.


When love was a stranger” I asked myself why,

as I stared into the mirror and received no reply.




© 2018 Dream Weaver


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This plays like a song. Very rhythmic all it needs is a bridge and wa-la a song is born

Posted 2 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

1 Year Ago

Thank you Cherrie, You are always too kind.
Such a creative write, enjoyed this

Posted 2 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

2 Years Ago

Thank you kindly, so glad you took the time to review...
Loved the flow of your lines. An excellent read. Thank you.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

5 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time young lady, much appreciated.
This is written really well and conveys the happy conclusion to a depressing and lonely situation.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

5 Years Ago

Thanks Relic, much appreciated...
I love this! Very clever, and moving!! I loved the flow, it's relatable too! Well done! I love this one!!
Tabby


Posted 5 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

5 Years Ago

Thank you Ms. tabby Mac, much appreciated...
I totally love this write, This is awesome.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I love this Dream Weaver. I myself love to be alone and not in love at times. It's a refreshing burden off the heart and yet it gets so lonely... then it's time to yearn again. I completely understand. GD.

Posted 6 Years Ago


the mirror is the last place to look for an answer to loneliness. it is like being mocked by the very malady which possesses you and keeps you in that silent autocracy which torments the very spirit. love as a stranger is an interesting concept, is love not always a stranger? isn't it the concept of mystery and unfamiliarity which makes love so appealing? they say that familiarity breeds contempt...perhaps that is true, even when we love deeply. i think it is friendship which keeps lovers together and satisfied with their relationship. because we depend on that "stranger" to make our sex lives interesting and romantic. i firmly believe that best friends make the best lovers. this was a provocative and mentally stimulating write...awesome and truly delivers!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

A very astute observation QF...if indeed love was familiar people would most likely overlook it. But.. read more
I really like the title alot and you expressed the feelings of distant love very well or should I say foggy distant memories. Nicely done DreamWeaver...SyberRose

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thank you SyberRose, I truly appreciate your time to comment.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1191 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2012
Last Updated on May 10, 2018

Author

Dream Weaver
Dream Weaver

Paradise, FL



About
Just a few vids from my musical side.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..