To Every Witness

To Every Witness

A Poem by Lloyd Frieson-Small
"

An introduction to self-enlightenment. Take this testimony and force a "breakthrough"...

"
There is no greater gift, than the artist's illusions. The auxillary world he creates for the viewer. His talent lies within the ability to construct a visual image from nothingness. His genius must subtly overwhelm your senses. In this respect, we know what to expect from an artist.

Though, there are times when we as artists must deviate from the idiosyncracies of our affliction and deliver our message in the raw. In the state of macabre reflection, past the notions of self-doubt and the aspirations of fame, we are mortal once again. Tender and vile, pleasant and loathesome, we repetitively mark the ethereal canvas that is this world.

Delightful recklessness and zealousy are characteristics of the simple minded and foolhardy. Silent suffering and false gratification live within the weak and the wounded. The ignorant, those who will never know love or enlightenment, seem to be infatuated with destruction and chaos. Yet, there are those of us who look out at the world, cringe a little inside, and start to reconstruct our sense of reality as we fade into our rampant, beautiful thoughts.
 
In our most vulnerable state, we are greeted with ridicule. Looked upon as lesser men and outcasts. Those of you who could relate to my explanation may disagree, but I have come to relish this sense of exile. I have found solace in their eyes, as they stare in wonderment. I have found a secret to renew the lesions of indiscretion and heartache. This discovery has many titles, and through the ages has been silently pursued and never forgotten.

It is impossible to share this knowledge, but disenquieting in its simplicity. The answer is within yourself. Just past the notions of self-doubt, and just before the end of your imagination. Seek and you shall find. Let these words be your milestone. There are but a remaining few with the ability to decipher beauty in its purest form. This is my sorrow... 

© 2014 Lloyd Frieson-Small


Author's Note

Lloyd Frieson-Small
Constructive criticism always welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved the message here. I agree 100%. There are too many times when people try to write whats selling and not what they love. Thank you for writing this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is brilliant and lovely. A truly inspirational write. Keep up the good work! ^-^

-QuanaWana

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"I have come to relish this sense of exile. I have found solace in their eyes, as they stare in wonderment. I have found a secret to renew the lesions of indiscretion and heartache."

I have come to applaud you on a wonderful work...:).....

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Other than a poet you should be a speech writer...A wonderful poem on the artist's states. Thank you for sharing the depth of your thoughts...:)...............

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

377 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 18, 2014
Last Updated on March 18, 2014
Tags: Reflective, Raw, Serious, Soulful, Enlightening

Author

Lloyd Frieson-Small
Lloyd Frieson-Small

Mobile, AL



About
I am an aspiring poet and novelist from the Southern states. I write free verse, serious, and romantic poetry primarily. Though, I also do prose. As of late I have attempted to expand my skills by sta.. more..

Writing