In A House Of Mirrors- There's No Escape.

In A House Of Mirrors- There's No Escape.

A Poem by Patricia(:
"

This is more of a short story vs. being a poem. It's kind of really confusing.

"
"Let's go into the House of Mirrors!"
Sounds like
fun doesn't it? Harmless humor.

- - -
As you step into the House of Mirrors you see yourself in way you never imagined. Not a comical way, oh no- the very opposite.

You see yourself now, and then the you, you wish you were.
The you everyone tries changing you into to. The you your partner wishes you were. You see yourself from a strangers view.

All different perspectives- yet have one thing in common, each one shows your flaws, mistakes, imperfections.

Another mirror shows you in your best friends eyes, you see things you never thought they'd ever think of you..
- - -
You run- yet where to?

Every corner you run to holds another mirror.
You can't hide, the mirrors are all around you. No where to run to- no where to hide.
- - -
No secrets are held in the house of mirrors, all the things you run from hit you harder as you look into a new mirror. With each mirror holds a different secret- something you've held deep inside you for so long finally unfolding in front of you. You thought you could hide it forever, you were wrong.

Because you see- in the house of mirror not only do you see yourself from different perspectives, the you,you wish you were, the you that you are now.. You see your deepest darkest secrets, the one's you hid from even yourself.
- - -
Even the funnest of places have a dark side.
- - -
Tears stream down your face- this is to much for you to take in all in a matter of a few minutes. You scream out in terror and break every mirror in site until the House of Mirrors is nothing more then shattered glass..
- - -
You walk out with a smile on your face, you broke the curse we call 'Imperfection.' Mirrors are what the curse feeds off, low self-esteem is what helps it grow, minor imperfections are the root of the problem..

The best way to break the curse is to remember, no ones perfect.


© 2010 Patricia(:


Author's Note

Patricia(:
A house of mirrors is suppose to be somewhere we find humor, correct? What if this house of mirrors wasn't so funny- if instead of showing us in humorous forms. It showed the true you, something you were afraid of seeing.. Just something I came up with, enjoy. It's kind of confusing, I'm confused just reading it over..Hopefully you get it. Ha.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Actually very wise words:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So true

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 23, 2010
Last Updated on August 23, 2010

Author

Patricia(:
Patricia(:

About
I'm basically just here to write what I feel when I feel it. Never on, but when I am, it's not long. Hope none of you hate me for that, but if you do. Hey, it's not like it's anything new. Also, sorry.. more..

Writing
tgegewg tgegewg

A Poem by Patricia(: