A Shadowed Ward

A Shadowed Ward

A Story by RunsWithCats
"

Just something I wrote for English class...

"

          The door slowly creaked open. I silently eased into the long vancant hall. It was dark except for one florescent bulb hanging from the ceiling up ahead. The checkered, linolium floor was cool under my bare feet, and I shivered in the thin hospital gown.

           After a quick glance behind me, I started to creep down the hall. My soft footfalls echoed in the vancant vincinety. Suddenly the dangling bulb's light up ahead, flickered, buzzed, and went out.

           A low moan filled the space around me, and I quickly scanned the hall. It was pitch black though, so I decided against any reasonable decision. I had to think quick and just get out. I had to get out.

           I started into a fast-paced run, blind and scared. My heart beat furiously in my ears; my loud footsteps matching the thu-thump of my racing heart.

           The moan sounded all around me, and all I could think of was how I had to get out. I threw my hands out in front of me realizing that to hit a wall might hurt.

           Now the moan increased in volume but suddenly cut off. I took a few labored breaths as I slowed to a stop. Everthing was silent. Everything was dark.

           A faint thumping sound came from my right. It sounded like someone running on both their hands and feet. My outstretched hand brushed something in front of me.

           A bare bulb in front of me flickered on. A figure draped in black stood inches from my face.

           "You know what you did." I could smell a foul stench as it spoke, and an involuntary shiver slipped down my spine.

            The figure's gloved hand reached toward my face, inches...inches...

             I jolted up in bed. My clothes and sheets were soaked in a cold sweat. I heaved a sigh of relief. It was only a dream. I drew my hand through my hair and gently laid down.

             "You know what you did."

 

© 2009 RunsWithCats


Author's Note

RunsWithCats
Feel free to rate and comment! XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with Kit Kat....this is intense!! I've never read such an intense piece before. Especially one that was written for school!! This was amazing!! I loved it a TON!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow! This is intense, I like it alot, wonderful imagery and detail given.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

400 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 8, 2009

Author

RunsWithCats
RunsWithCats

About
Love reading and writing! Don't write much on here anymore, but enjoy browsing the different books. xP more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..