Skin

Skin

A Story by Expresswithwords
"

Midnight thoughts

"
Skin is an organ.
It is the wall between the inside of our bodies and the world around us. It gives us the sensation of feeling; the feeling of goosebumps or holding a hand. 
We can't live without our skin,and our skin can not live without us.
Our skins have been on the front lines, like a soldier in war.
Traces of our past live on our skin and it will take years of showers to remove it, making the past just a memory that replays over and over in our minds. 
Does my skin remember what it felt like as I dug my own nails into it in frustration at a mistake?
Does it remember the first time I really held someones hand, the sweat and the tingly feeling of knowing someone likes me?
Can it recall when I quickly dressed as he hit the wall because of my boundaries?
The way the heat of the sand warms my skin. 
And the way ocean water cools it off. 
The energy that flows between us when we touch. 

© 2017 Expresswithwords


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The witness of our abuses and our joys

I like the poem

Original and intelligent

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
1 Review
Added on October 25, 2017
Last Updated on October 25, 2017

Author

Expresswithwords
Expresswithwords

NY



About
Hello my name is Jen. I am from a beautiful place called Long Island. Writing has been an important part of my life since I was a kid. It has been a listening ear, a productive habit and has brought.. more..

Writing