Nature's Gauntlet

Nature's Gauntlet

A Poem by P.H. Carver

 Rain pours,

Like nature's tears,

Mourning for those,

Lost through the years.


 Wind,

Rain,

Fire,

Snow,

Nature's gauntlet,

It's not a show.


 It's no joke,

Nature rules,

Try to fight it,

And you'll get schooled.

© 2011 P.H. Carver


Author's Note

P.H. Carver
Constructive criticism would be much appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Each reader gleans from poetry an identification founded in their experiential base as it may relate to a particular piece. For this reader, theme sets the stage and then the words do the work, to take the reader where the poet would like to go. When these two (theme and words) are in sync a story unfolds which has the opportunity to leave a more lasting impression. The poet must ask him/her self; have I accomplished what I set out to? and if I did, was the presentaton its best?
Or not, to both questions.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The idea of this poem is great. I love the beginning of this poem. Nature will always win when we try to beat her. She has a power that we can not overcome even when we try. The power of nature is great.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the concept behind this piece. The first two stanzas are great, but in my own opinion the last stanza tries almost a little too hard to find a rhyme, and as such seems a little forced and out of voice for the rest. good job though. I really like it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your first stanza is my favorite. The writing to be seems to flow so easily. Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your words are true. I like the directness and honest words in this poem. I agree with your words. Mess with Mother Nature. Will pay a very bad price. Thank you for a outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like the way you put this together.
And its goty a hint of rythm with it.
Very nice
~Amai

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice write. Like that one guy said: "humans are friggin stupid" especially those tree huggers!

Mother Earth has endured so much in her lifetime: global earthquakes, global wild fires, meteor strikes, floods, hurricaines, tsunamis, two friggin world wars, and TWO FRIGGIN NUKES!, not to mention the friggin dinosaurs - and yet we arrogant humans think we can "save the planet". lol. how arrogant are we as a species?

didnt mean to rant, brother. Nice write.



Posted 12 Years Ago


So true. We cant fight nature, theres no way. I wish I could read more poems like this. Great job on this one.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is something I was thinking about a lot and I don't know what I decided yet. anyway this poem is were beautiful, and it is true. We can't fight nature.

Posted 12 Years Ago


There must be many who got schooled that way. Human nature is drawn from the character of nature around us. Perhaps its a play between us, but nature does rely upon human initiative for much of our mutual existence. Nice write!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

733 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 25, 2011
Last Updated on October 25, 2011
Tags: Nature's, gauntlet, tears

Author

P.H. Carver
P.H. Carver

NC



About
I have much to learn and the time to learn it. I've been reading books since I learned how, but the whole world of writing is new to me. I love making new friends. "Blessed are those, Who write .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..