Welcome to My Garden

Welcome to My Garden

A Poem by PadfootBlack
"

My... secret world, I guess. A fantasy universe of my own invention.

"

Welcome to my Garden, my World, my private Wonderland. But be careful. For if you come, you may never want to go -back- again.

 

 

Beware the house of mirrors, an eternal repetition. You could run through forever, and 

never

find

your way...

      ...out.

 

Then do continue on. There's so much more to see, to hear, to taste, to touch, to smell.... fill up your senses in the Garden of Taol, let the sweet nectar of the RainaGruen flower drip slowly onto your tongue, hear the faraway roar of the Cikeri Beast, that low, deep rumble that sends chills down your spine... open your eyes to the wonders around you, let my nature fill your sight. Marvel at the painted sky above you, deep crimson splattered with a harsh violet, subtle blue. Feel the brush of the Pattermonkey's tail as he swishes by you, the small frail body chattering away at the trees. Let the Wind speak to you, she has much to say, as you have much to hear.

 

Welcome to my Garden, my World, my private Wonderland. But be careful. For if you come, you may never want to go -back- again.

© 2011 PadfootBlack


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TAO
...you know...this may sound odd, but this literally brought me to tears... Seriously... Maybe the devil can cry...? Crud...

I have dreams of this perfect garden... You just made it even more vivid... Listen, this is going to be a really horrible review, because I find that I am at a loss for words. I don't know what others would think of this, nor should I even care; this is one of the most beautiful things I've ever had the pleasure of reading... It is as if the heavens opened themselves to reveal a Paradise not of this earth, something of emerald and azure...something... I'm going to stop... This is very intense, and special.... I wonder, if people would read something like this, even as it may be an experiment, should they be motivated to seek heaven instead of hell? Perhaps you have shown me the way...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

If such a place exists, I want to go.. Sounds like the perfect escape

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow. i really like this. it is so different and dream like.

Posted 13 Years Ago


oh my gosh that was amazing! lol i could honestly imagine that world! Amazing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well you did a good job on the descriptive language part. I can tell though that you don't do it often but you are getting good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great imagery! I felt like I was in your garden. I loved it. It was very strong and soooo detailed. I really think the repeat at the end really took it home. I enjoyed reading this a lot. Thanks :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hmmm....
I always like to offer constructive criticism cause that is what I live for in return.
However, there isn't much wrong with this...or much to be wrong about I guess. Your descriptions are amazing, I feel like I can imagine myself in this place just by reading your words, no extra effort. Thanks for the update, Pet. Brilliant work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


OOOOHHHHH. I WANT TO GO. x)


Hmm....

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'd like to visit your garden...I have a similar place I see inside my mind...and also real places I visit in nature that I always have a hard time leaving. Your use of language here is wonderful with beautiful visions and specific animals and names. I'd like to hear more about your garden.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A world inside the mind, what a vivid picture you create with so many senses used.........step in and never wish to leave. I know alot of creative people have gardens in their minds, sometimes somewhere to sit and be alone, or visit gone loved ones, and this piece reminds me of that. Beautiful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The poem is very interesting. Your world sound like a good place. So many things and places to go. I like the description and detail. A outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

504 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 3, 2010
Last Updated on January 29, 2011
Tags: Fantasy, Imagination, world, Wonderland

Author

PadfootBlack
PadfootBlack

NY



About
Come dream with me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


breathless breathless

A Poem by Emily B


Only Then...... Only Then......

A Poem by Bubo


Sun Sun

A Poem by Robin