As I Ever Was

As I Ever Was

A Story by PadfootBlack

She could see them from across the castle’s ruins.


Remus is fighting hard to defend himself, dueling with all of his might, and Antonin Dolohov is matched in his efforts, bearded face twisted into a snarl.


She is not even conscious of her rapid movement through the devastation that once was Hogwarts, Tonks simply has eyes for him. Her Remus, her Lover, her Beloved, her Inamorato. Her Everything.


And very suddenly, she is by his side, wand outstretched, sending streak after streak of colored light towards the opposing force that dare threaten the life of the man she loves.


Dolohov is struggling now. Two skilled Order members would be a challenge to anyone. His cold, black eyes become all the more dangerous, flashing and reflecting green in the light that bursts forth from his wand.


Remus blocks the killing curse with a cry of anguish. It was aimed for Tonks, and the very thought of what would’ve happened, had it succeeded, is too much for his worn heart to bear.


“Expelliarmus!”


The shrill cry comes from their right, and neither have time to react, wands flung from their rightful hands into the bloodied fingers of a cackling Bellatrix Lestrange. Her dark eyes glintwith madness and malice, and as Tonks looks into them, she moves closer to Remus without a word. She knows. She knows she is going to die.


The Death Eater’s blood-red lips purse, and slowly twist into a perverse smirk. Dolohov stands behind her, leering.


“The  werewolf and his filthy half-blood pet will die together. “  Bellatrix’s voice is a harsh whisper. “How fitting.”


The werewolf’s voice is a whisper, too, but Remus’ voice is soft, and filled with nothing but love. Love and remorse.


“Forgive me, my love.” Amber eyes fill with precious tears as he turns to his Only. “I only wished to protect you.”


“I know.” Dora’s voice aches, aches with the pain of her heart. “I love you. I love you, Remus.”


Bellatrix raises her wand to point at her niece, Dolohov mirroring her action with a wand pointed at Lupin.


“I am, as I ever was, and ever shall be, yours.”  Remus stares into the indigo eyes before him, allowing gentle tears to cascade down his cheeks.


“I’m scared, Remus.” The auror swallows, once again seeking the comfort she always could find in his unwavering gaze.


A gentle, steady hand takes the trembling, petite one beside him. Like an ocean’s breeze, his whisper is soothing and warm.


“Then we’ll be scared together.”


Twin flashes of green, and he is, as he ever was, and ever shall be,

Hers.

© 2011 PadfootBlack


Author's Note

PadfootBlack
Some Harry Potter nerd fanfiction for you Potterheads out there. Suggestions for improvement welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

love love love, squee for Remus and Tonks! (Still much more of a Remmy/Siri pairing) but that was beautiful! Well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 15, 2011
Last Updated on July 15, 2011

Author

PadfootBlack
PadfootBlack

NY



About
Come dream with me. more..

Writing