rhapsodical Autumn pleasures

rhapsodical Autumn pleasures

A Poem by 1VJ
"

...

"

Savoring sun's glow at the nape of my neck,

whilst gingered leaves are dancing willy-nilly

'tween harmonious Autumn breezes improvising 

 midmost hazily whispering sunset horizons

 dreamily drifting further away,


in this moment inspiration pensively sojourns

   amongst impulsively rhapsodical pleasures





© 2016 1VJ


Author's Note

1VJ

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"gingered leaves are dancing willy-nilly" this hits the brightest picture of autumn at the start of the poem.. I really love the imageries you have brought here, and I can feel the soft touches of autumn breeze passing by me... Lovely use of words to, we'll chosen and they makes the most clear imageries...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

1VJ

7 Years Ago

I'm so delighted you liked that line Dhiman! Thanks so much for your thoughts.



Reviews

Beautiful imagery! I love Autumn!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1VJ

7 Years Ago

Thank you!
Nice wordplay, paying attention to how the words sound together in your well-crafted phrases, as much as trying to get a message across. I might've mentioned this to you before, but sometimes choosing many longer complex words can make a piece feel stilted & a little harder to read . . . but in the case of your piece here, it reads very lyrically, despite the complex words. I sometimes get jabbed for my love of longer complex words, so that's why I mention it. I've been told some people don't review me becuz they don't know half the words I use & they don't want to sound dumb. Not that this would change the way we write, but just good to know.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1VJ

7 Years Ago

Actually, a few times. ;) I won't dumb it down, in this age of instant gratification, there's no re.. read more
Soft romance woven through the beauty of nature. There is a hint of sensuality and a bit of the bittersweet here. Lovely, Paloma. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


1VJ

7 Years Ago

Thrilled you picked up on that, thanks so much Lydi.
You captured autumn in both her pensiveness and playfulness. The "sunset horizons
dreamily drifting further away" is a gorgeous line, wistful. Lovely verses!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

1VJ

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much, I guess we had the same inclination, it is a lovely season!
Ah, to roll in the autumn leaves and revel in its rhapsody -- such kind words we all have for this season, portent to the coming cold -- funny how we all like the prelims, but could skip the main show ...

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

1VJ

7 Years Ago

Perfectly stated, yes we do. Thanks again.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1005 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 1, 2016
Last Updated on October 1, 2016
Tags: Autumn, leaves, harmonious, dancing, dreaming

Author

1VJ
1VJ

Trivandrum, NY, India



About
Another speck of carbon, this one. Sentient and sagacious, yet affable. Advocate of Fantasy and Gaming, this one. Artistic and pugnacious, yet subtle. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Moon Petals Moon Petals

A Poem by MsJewel