Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by PandaPeaceful

"Good Afternoon ladies and gentlemen, I am glad to inform you that the plane is ready for departure. Remain seated as we prepare you for the flight,"

I rolled my eyes at the pilot and sighed in frustration.

"Sweetie, are you okay?" a woman stood before my eyes, a wide grin forming on her thin yet, red lips. I nodded. A look of fatigue wavered through me. Her understanding eyes pierced into my thoughts, opening them and observing every detail of my crumbled face. My head was banging with troubled doubts, and she could see it. 

I gave her a miniscule smile, and she returned it before disappearing into a sea of agitated people. My head was spinning. I was sprawled between amazement and sadness. It was as if I was deciding whether or not I was thankful for leaving. Or if I needed to leave. Maybe I was relieved. Angry? I don't even know. I felt like sinking into the blue seat and melting into an invisible hole.

My mother, beautiful and humble, would have told me to pull it together. Sweetly of course. And I admired that about her, she was tough yet, gentle. Her laughter was so contagious and loving, that it could make a room full of saddened people light up. The woman was a simple beauty. And I remembered her hair. How stunning and attractive it was. Straight, but not too straight. Natural and sophisticated. Almost like the one of a queen. My mother was meant to be a woman of royalty. She would have loved that. She talked about fancy ball gowns and expensive wines, and the most exquisite treats. She spoke of long corridors filled with paintings and dust, and the most fascinating gardens one could ever see. There was always a hint of lust. Like she was waiting for the moment her dream would come true. I never understood that. It was as if she knew it would happen. It made me feel furious and motivated. Furious because I thought she wasn't happy and motivated because at some point, I started to believe in all that nonsense. 

Father was a serious man. I don't know what to think of him anymore. He and I were strangers to each other. He worked eleven hours a day, and he never noticed me. I felt like a ghost. I saw the way he treasured my mother. Like a rare jewel, undiscovered by the rest of the world. And I just sat there. Witnessing the romance with a pure heart. And so, I started believing I was one. A ghost I mean. Sometimes, I think it was all my fault. That I could have been better. That I could have been more like her

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we will be leaving shortly. Please fasten your seat belts. We will be facing a storm today," I directed my vision to the girl next to me. Her hands trembled softly. She was young. Her blond hair gushed down her back, as she turned to look at her magazine. The girl was impeccably picturesque. No one could deny that, and although I envied her miraculous looks, I knew I'd prefer the similarity my complexion contained to my mother's.

My eyes began to look out the windows. Small shadows appeared on the foots of the airplane. The sky was covered by grey, soggy clouds. It was about rain. The wind swirled around the flawless houses like deathly howls during an eerie night. But it felt strange. Like something was about to happen. I just didn't know what. And for some reason, I loved it. 

The plane started to move, and I let my head fall onto the uncomfortable seat. The thumping of my heart rapidly increased. The machine leveled up as I forcefully closed my eyes shut. I breathed in and out like a maniac. It trembled, once, twice, and then it stopped. We were flying. I smiled in adoration. 

Opening my eyes, I noticed the normality of it all.  Everyone seemed unfazed by the adventure. They sat on their seats, looking at the screen before them. Their frowns mirrored each other and I wondered. Would life turn out this way? Predictable and entirely mundane? I let the coward thought devour my attention. But soon, I felt the room closing in. I felt pale and unnaturally still. Dreams captured me, consuming everything. But the memories stayed. Playing like heart-breaking nightmares and I was stuck. Broken. I couldn't wake up. They wouldn't let me.

I really hoped you liked it! Feel free to comment. :)



© 2017 PandaPeaceful


Author's Note

PandaPeaceful
I really hope you liked it! Feel free to comment. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it. The way you fill the story in is natural, unlike some stories where it's forced. I liked how you described everything, and the emotions were real.

Posted 6 Years Ago


PandaPeaceful

6 Years Ago

Thank you! I really appreciate it. Have a lovely day!
Nice work. I felt sympathetic for the main character so I think you are getting the feelings across well. Good job.

Posted 6 Years Ago


PandaPeaceful

6 Years Ago

Thank you! I appreciate it.
I enjoyed this very much. It was one of those works that was easy to read. There is still the mystery as to what is going on. I'm sure future chapters will fill us in on how we got to where we are.
Nice writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


PandaPeaceful

6 Years Ago

Thanks! I appreciate your comment! Have a lovely day!
This is a really nice chapter, I look forward to reading more in this story, You might want to change 'She was tough yet, gentle' to 'she was tough, yet gentle'. I'm curious as to where the character is going and why. this is a very strong opener. It was an enjoyable read.

Posted 7 Years Ago


PandaPeaceful

7 Years Ago

Thank you for letting me know. I'll be sure to change that. Criticism is always welcome.
I liked the situation and the character. You create thoughts and memories for the reader to grasp. I wanted to know and read more. You left a open ending. Thank you for sharing the interesting introduction.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


PandaPeaceful

7 Years Ago

I appreciate this. I'll be sure to write the next chapter in these upcoming days.
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You did well.
Ohhhhh I liked this! I'd be sure to read the coming chapters, great work. Sincerely yours, Jules.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 14, 2017
Last Updated on July 27, 2017



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..