It

It

A Chapter by PandaPeaceful

My voice spiraled out of my mouth. I was heaving, searching for the air that had left my trembling lips. Where had it gone? I widened my wet eyes. Tears emerged and glided down my pale cheeks. Blackness embraced my very form and I wanted to leave- leave this inferno that had had fallen upon my consciousness.

 

Sound rustled. It was running. But where? My body helplessly turned to all sides. The noise stopped. My hands sought the ground beneath me for protection, but they returned empty. The creature moved once again. It raced farther and farther away from me. I struggled to find my breath again.

 

I crawled into a nearby tree. Silence, that's what I needed. I closed my eyes and waited for it. A motion, a tone, a scream. But nothing. Time developed and yet, I knew it was still out there. It wanted to trick me- It wanted me to believe I was safe when really, this was just the beginning.

 

My eyelids clawed themselves open. I had slept for three hours. We were going to land in thirty minutes. Which meant, I had thirty minutes to start thinking about them. The people who had to take me in. They weren't even relatives, just, my father's colleagues. I knew my dad disliked me- I just, hadn't realized he despised me that much. My eyes diverted to the freezing window. Snowflakes covered the glass and I wondered and dreamt and desired the world below and above me. The great plains invited my adventurous mind to travel upon them. I wanted to swim in the deepest of oceans and discover the darkest of secrets. But, although my mind may have flown to the most beautiful places, I knew it wasn't possible. Not now anyway. 

 

The plane shook. Once, twice, three times. The captain announced harsh turbulence up ahead and I layed my head against the solid seat. My quivering hands gripped the armrest and I let my fears take over. It hadn't been my first time in a plane. Not even close. But the feeling of being so close to death shouted at my thoughts. I wasn't afraid of death itself, nor the hurt or pain or suffering I might have to experience, but I simply hadn't been ready to let go of my dreams and goals. I hadn't seen anything of the world. And I was ready now. 

 

"We will be landing in a few minutes. I advise you to fasten your seatbelt and get ready for your arrival."

 

We flew down past clouds and wind and complete anxiety until the sun blazed through the windows and hit my amazed features. 

 

The wheels tumbled down and there I was now. Looking ahead, waiting. 

I tapped my foot onto the crowded concrete. Where is he? Thoughts evaporated my mind. The simple idea of the unknown left me fazed. I shut my eyes, breathing in the smell of the rain as it pounded down onto the cold floor. Water slid through the streets like snakes slithering through an iridescent jungle. I suddenly flinched as a warm hand touched my small shoulder.

 

“Ms. Underwood? Is that you?” A cracked voice spoke behind me. I quickly breathed out before turning and facing the elderly man.

 

“Yes, am. Are you my father’s colleague? Hayden Emsworth?” I bit my lip forcefully. Reality washed over me and I felt an urge vomit. To let everything out. But I stayed. I remained frozen in place, acting as if though this was normal.

 

“No, oh god no. I am his butler, Bentley. Sir. Emsworth awaits you in our home. Let’s get on going. Did you have a lovely flight?” The man spoke with utter confidence, like he was trapped in cage and was finally able to divulge his very mind.

 

“Yes, it was, lovely. Where exactly is this home that you speak of?” Questions skid out of my inquisitive mouth as complete obscurity ran along in my troubled head.

 

“It is not far at all! We will be there in a jiffy. Now, Ms. Underwood, it was a pleasure to meet you, but we really must depart. Let me carry your belongings. Haven’t you brought more?” Curiosity filled his pleasant eyes, and I smiled in recognition.

 

“No, that is all.” Bentley kindly opened the door to a black car. I recognized it, like a spark, illuminating an old memory. My father used to own one of these. The putrid remembrance brought resentment to me.  But, as soon his face grazed my very vision, he left.

 

“Everything okay?” A worrisome voice entered my hearing and I simpered.

 

“Everything is okay.”

 



© 2017 PandaPeaceful


Author's Note

PandaPeaceful
Leave your thoughts, ideas, and suggestions down below please! I really appreciate the comments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on May 6, 2017
Last Updated on May 26, 2017