Secrets

Secrets

A Chapter by PandaPeaceful

 

Bentley lied. I remained on the seat for a total of three suffocating hours. My eyelids were heavy, but the simple concept of falling asleep traumatized me and I wouldn't cave in. Not now anyway. 

I looked into the faraway distance, not concentrating on anything but the mass of trees, hurdling themselves into our view. What time was it?

7:37

Great. 

Bentley slipped his finger onto a button, creating a soft melody to rise from the speakers.

"Do you mind the music?" The man asked, his face staying fixed on the trembling road. 

"Not at all." I smiled, and let my imagination overpower my curious mind. 

And yet again, like a sparkling memory, my thoughts tricked me into thinking about him. The man of mystery. But, who was he? How exactly did he know my father? And why would he allow me to stay at his forbidden house? Hayden Emsworth. Does that sound evil? Notorious? For all I know he was some kind of drug lord. 

His name burned me, sparking an unusual feeling in in my chest. But I recognized this emotion like I recognized the very dark. ANger. I felt words pushin my mouth, begging it to open. BUt that wasn't going to happen. If I wanted to gain my freedom, to win my life back, then I would have to persuade the man, and if that didn't work, running would be my only option. God that sounds pathetic. Absurd even! The guy is rich, he could find me in a matter of minutes. But what if he wouldn't want to find me. 

I needed to plan this out- I needed to find some kind of hope before I begin to crumble down. 

The world expanded as I watched the outside world. Trees, more trees, and then, utter nothingness.  Where on earth, were we?

"So, Ms. Underwood, have you ever been to Scotland before?" Bentley asked, his eyes barely meeting mine. 

"No, never. Or at least not that I'd remember. I haven't been travelling much since, uhm, my cat died." he smiled and returned his attention to the path ahead. 

"I'm sorry to hear that. However,  I'm quite sure you will love it here. The house is just twenty minutes away. Right around the corner."

"And Bentley." I said, a small smirk developing on my face. 

"Yes, Ms. Underwood?"

"Please just call me Grace." I beamed and sat back. 

"Okay Grace." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The air was smooth, colliding with my hazel hair in the fairest of ways. My eyes searched our surroundings. And quite honestly, I was still not surprised by what I found. Nothing. 

"Bentley, where are we now?" Annoyance slightly erupted in my neutral tone and I was starving. I felt myself yawning profoundly as my brown eyes glimmered. 

"Don't worry Grace, as I said. It is just around the corner." I scrunched my eyebrows together and looked at the same world encircling me. Complete confusion hit every nerve in my body.

"I don't mean to be rude, but I think you forgot how to tell the difference between a corner and a simple bend." He laughed and picked up my bags.

"And I think, that you forgot who is the patriarch here." My lips grinned widely as I followed the elegant man through the forest. And yes, he was most absolutely right. It was just around the "corner". 

My feet stopped however, as I captured the unique home. It was small yet, different. 

Three triangular roofs emerged from the base of the building, coating the house with tint of unimaginable beauty. Who am I kidding? Throw the bucket into my words. The complex was indescribable. Large brown doors awaited us, and yet, my focus moved onto the large patches of endless grass, surrounding the small castle. My shocked body turned back to the forest, where I see the simple allure of this idea. Privacy, nature and the feeling of being invincible. I could get used to this. At least for now. 

"I know this is a surprise to you, Grace. But, we should really get going. The man, is not as patient as most would think." Bentley rapidly enters the grand building, leaving me anxious, in the depths of the garden.

I carried myself forward, not hesitating to enter the house. Because, why should I? RIght? 

And now I was most definitely amazed. And confused. And awestruck. From the outside, I could have sworn it wasn't big. It just looked expensive. But the world I had seen outside was nothing, compared to the country I had found inside. The home was decorated with the most prestigious and not to mention, illustrious furniture one could ever have witnessed. 

The sight was modern and rustic at the same time. Brown flew beneath my feet as windows embraced every aspect of the spectacular scene. I slowly walked beneath a tower like room, where art and gold covered the high ceiling. Chandeliers and paintings flourished alongside the most magnificent colours found within every room. 

"Hello Grace," a deep voice resounded inside the home, vibrating into my ear.

I turned around and analyzed the owner of the secretive voice. And yes, this is me feeling like i'm about to faint. The man was undeniably handsome. Blue decorated his chest, causing his eyes to truly spark as he glanced at me. The man was incredibly good-looking, and he knew it. 

"Aren't you going to say anything?" the man laughed in amusement, as he enveloped his powerful arms together. 

"Yeah, I mean, yes. Good evening Mr. Emsworth," I quickly said, as a mad blush displayed onto my cheeks.

"Oh god, you actually thought I was Hayden? I'm sure as hell happy that i'm not. That b*****d is one difficult son of a b***h," my eyes widened as he spoke and I quietly begged god not to let me die.

"Not to scare you or anything. I'm Emil, Hayden's best friend, but they also call me the be-" 

"They also call him the best person to avoid on your first day here." his voice was caught off by another man whom, I must also confirm, had the body of an angel. 

"I'm Nash, the other best friend. Welcome home, Grace." Nash smiled, and looked at Emil expectantly.

"Oh, right, I totally forgot. Let me show you to your room, my lady," I laughed at Emil's nickname and followed him up a tight stairway. This building just kept getting more and more interesting.

Nash put down my bags and turned to me. 

"Alright Grace, I'll see you in a while. Hayden is actually not here today. He'll arrive next week from a business trip, so don't worry about meeting him today. Emil and I will leave you to rest, okay?" I nodded and waved them goodbye before opening the door.

And to be honest, I think I actually screamed a little. 



© 2017 PandaPeaceful


Author's Note

PandaPeaceful
I hope you guys liked it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on August 2, 2017
Last Updated on August 2, 2017