Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by SwagMaster
"

The main character.....

"
Pound, pound, pound, pound.
It was like running for her life.
Pound, pound, pound, pound.
Surrounded by whitecoats, of course.
Pound, pound.
Always the whitecoats.
Pound, pound, pound, slap, pound, slap, pound.
She lost one of the stupid slippers they forced her to wear. Surprised, she tripped and fell, skidding off the moving strip of rubber they called a 'treadmill'.
Stupid treadmill.
Whitecoats rushed in, picking her up off the floor, asking each other stupid questions, like, "Is it okay? Is it hurt?" She wasn't hurt. No freaking duh. Getting hurt was impossible; they should know that by now.
Once their befuddled minds figured out that she wasn't hurt, they snapped on the metal rings they called 'cuffs'. Wearing only one slipper and the greenish-colored outfit they gave her, she walked with the whitecoats (who were feverishly jotting down notes on their clipboards) and the security, who carried big metal things with barrels. She tried one once, and the whitecoats got really, really mad. She didn't even see the purpose of the metal things. They just propelled gray metal rocks. They called it 'dangerous', and that it was a 'powerful weapon'. Powerful weapon. That made her want to laugh. Primitive beings, so self-important. Why, out of everywhere else, did she have to end up here? The whitecoats seemed so interested in her; and, frankly, she didn't know why. The most common things to her were objects of great fascination to them. Powerful weapons, she scoffed.
The security shoved her into her room, and she stumbled over her resting place, tripping, and barely catching herself before hitting the floor. Resuming a standing position, she barely had time to compose herself before the whitecoats forced her into a chair. They then filed out like scared children, leaving only one behind. A woman.
She knew. That woman was there every day.
Every day, same questions, same routine, same act.
"Hello, there." The lady smiled at her, same as always. The lady's smile never slipped, but, as usual, the lady took a slower approach in response to her silence. "Do-" Swift gestures that made it look like the woman was having a seizure. "You-" Violent stabbing motions. "Understand?" The rapping on the skull has got to hurt.
She sighed, and ignored the annoying lady. The lady sighed, sat there a bit, then took out a plastic stick that had red goop on the end of it. Applying a coat of the goop to her lips, a buzzing emitted from the lady's pants' pocket. The woman extracted a small compact box and flipped it open.
"Hello?" The lady listened to the box. She looked up at the ceiling, bored out of her mind, wishing the annoying woman would just leave. "Yeah, I did." The lady twirled her blond hair with her finger. "No, I-" The lady stopped as if she had been interrupted. "Yes, but-" Another interruption. "I could maybe-" Again. The woman looked angry. "Now, look here, I don't care if he's President of the United States! Now, shut up and listen to me!" The lady stomped off angrily. She watched the lady leave with interest. This was new. Usually, the lady just wrapped it up with some cubes with letters and numbers on them, probably trying to teach her how to speak.
It was getting harder and harder not to talk.
Suddenly, the door was flung open, and the lady came back, her green eyes flashing angrily. The lady muttered some words; she was pretty sure that they were not complimentary.
"So," The lady snarled at her, then composed herself. "So," The blonde started again. "Now, my boss, the person who is in charge of me, well, he's getting a little impatient. So, unless I get some results from you, he's considering dropping you. You don't want that to happen, do you?" No answer. "Well, anyway, I need something! Anything! Just, um, uh, oh!" The lady snapped her fingers. "Your name! You know your name, don't you?" No reply. "Oh, um, well, I'm-" The lady jabbed her pointer finger at herself. "Jane. Your turn. You are-" Jane gestured towards her, but she stayed silent, glancing up at the boring, white ceiling.
Jane wrung her hands in frustration and moaned, her short-cropped blond hair quivering.
"Just my luck." Jane muttered. "The most monumental science event in history, it's given to me, and it turns out that I can't even get its name." Jane sighed, got up, and left. She watched Jane leave. Jane. What an utterly boring name.
Nothing like hers.
Not like she was going to tell anyone her name.
She was the only one who knew at this place.
This horrible, smelly, ugly, boring place.
She hated it like no other. If she had a choice, she would blow the whole place off the face of the planet. Wishing she wasn't here, she again cursed herself. Out of the crash, she had left everything behind as she staggered away. Her mode of transportation, her weapons, her supplies, her life. Her name and memories were the only thing left, and she clung to them for dear life.
She vowed never to tell anyone anything.
Except herself.
The one exception.
Tired and worn out, she dissolved out of her human form and into her true state, which was rather liquid-y, and so, she had to sleep in a bucket. As she 'melted', her last thought before sleep was her name.
Narixia.



© 2012 SwagMaster


Author's Note

SwagMaster
Wrote this a pretty long time ago.....Reviews are much appreciated!!

Awarded Third Place in the "Alien Encounters" contest

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It kinda reminds me of the Maximum Ride series with the references to the redcoats and whatnot. So far, nice debut! There was no errors whatsoever and the organization was neat and you let your readers think, leaving them with a mystical name that people would remember. This chapter made a debut in the story, and as always, it has just begun. ^( >_< )^

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It kinda reminds me of the Maximum Ride series with the references to the redcoats and whatnot. So far, nice debut! There was no errors whatsoever and the organization was neat and you let your readers think, leaving them with a mystical name that people would remember. This chapter made a debut in the story, and as always, it has just begun. ^( >_< )^

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ATG
A very interesting and entertaining story. I did like how you told this chapter from the alien's perspective. That was a nice touch. The chapter made me want to read more so the chapter did it's job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Short and sweet leaving the reader for more, I like how you get into the character's thoughts and actions without straying into the first person.
Can't wait to read some more chapters, Keep up the good work
~Skela~

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 12, 2011
Last Updated on June 2, 2012
Previous Versions


Author

SwagMaster
SwagMaster

Roosevelt, UT



About
I use swag ironically so much that it's not ironic anymore. more..

Writing
NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster


NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster


NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by SwagMaster