1,2,8,9

1,2,8,9

A Poem by Ang Boyce
"

Poem

"

1,2.8,9

 

I walked the street through debris matter trailing feet and clatter and chatter,
I walked alone and heard my tunes, in my mind they led to many rooms.
In one did reside beside and almost astride your thoughts and more; your retorts of all sorts.
About courts and jobs and fobs and blobs.

I wish my life was clearer, if you where nearer it might seem dearer but virtual in the stall of lanterns; where material, colours and texture make patterns and the sellers sweep like rings round Saturn.

I see the glow.  Is it your soul?  Is it your virtual face, it's a race in this case, to embrace, prolong and taste, to sweep and role in pits of Holy Coal.  ‘til black and seeing less. I do confess; passmytres. 


Azure skies to die to; move me to cry to, for why to... I do not know.
Perhaps in Azure depth I see God.  I see and can touch; for this journey, one should never rush.  In my hands to feel where you do reel, a moment just the one to steal.  When crimson is the outcomein.  

And all my thoughts remain within and out with no doubt I consider what about, what/ about what/ say Aye.  To tip it to the awesome sky.  And know this moment I could die and never feel never closer to it.  It's a bit from which I can't refrain Azure! Azure!  My life, my plain plane this euphoric pain.  Lack clacking trains up on the tracks the end less of more; the click the clack.


To tackle this moment and guide you through; my crimson pump and my Azure Blue.  If you will only once just see it and look upon it and feel it you will see it; is eternal in my crimson inferno.  The Dante 1,2,8 and 9 and the trailing weight; of that to love and of that; two hate.  You are my Virtual state, my summoned mind and sermoned trait. 

Upon you I don't lay my fate; I won't faint or taint no,or paint like I was thinking that realising real is stinking.  I will just do this Modus Viv/End/i with my virtual friend/I, with whom I depart shallowly, I remain for you unfallowed not hallowed; perceive this in the vainest din and chance a soul to share, to win.  Come back at time in voice of dream where the reality of presence can be scene.  Come sharp and by the night in fall, to take me yonder, and contract my crawl.    Modus Vivendi I try to transcend thee. 

Whispering and blistering my soul, my heart; for life this strange and creative art

© 2013 Ang Boyce


Author's Note

Ang Boyce
Enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Unique read, lots of colorful musings on this page. Anto turned me onto your writing, and I'm thrilled he did....

Azure skies to die to; move me to cry to, for why to... I do not know.

Great line, enjoyed it in its entirety. Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Thank you so much to everyone who has read this piece. I was playing quite a lot with the words and it was a very enjoyable write. I like the way that Joyce wrote and how he made words work for him and for themselves. I'm so very happy to all who have read and commented on it. Thank you so much. Sometimes when I write the meaning becomes so crowded that it gets lost but I think that is part of the fun of poetry that you can play around and have fun with the language.

Posted 10 Years Ago


You have a very wonderful way with words, and certainly know how to pen them on paper.
They tell a dramatic story and draw us magnetically along from start to finish.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I did enjoy! Thanks for sharing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Enjoy. Yes I did. Thank you to anto for sending this gem my way. I love the spill of this - like a spoken word piece, almost off the cuff type of writing. the alliteration is delightful but it is "intelligent" writing p- a thinking persons rap. Beautiful.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A splendid read and write...Thank you for posting...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Yeah, I agree with most of what {Pete said..Great rhythm and yes. almost rap like in parts..I am afraid I most likely MISSED the meaning, but I am crap at interpretation anyway, being a writer of much simpler stuff myself...Very enjoyable read though AND quite inspiring

Posted 10 Years Ago


Hello Ang.
Well, you`ve poured out your heart in this one, to be sure!....and I enjoyed a lot of your phrasings thoroughly, though I have to admit, having read it a time or three that I never really got a handle who you were addressing or what about. What I did glean was your real talent for metre....the cadence was superb - reminiscent of Dylan Thomas. I notice your preference for long lines, and wonder whether this is deliberate or just to reduce the visual length of the poem ....because I strongly feel this piece would benefit from many line breaks, to accentuate the cadence and alliteration (in fact, if this were my piece, it would end up a vey long poem indeed...but that`s just me!) P.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This has an interesting form; sort of prosey, but with elements of a rap beat. Great imagery throughout the piece - something unique; an enjoyable read!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I read this twice and was a fascinating read Angi...very creative and unique piece...I enjoyed your form.
I thought it was superb...Rose


Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2013
Last Updated on August 10, 2013

Author

Ang Boyce
Ang Boyce

Belfast, Antrim, Ireland



About
Hi my name is Angie and I have just recently joined the site. I hope to write good poems and that I can read interesting and inspiring work. Thank you to all who read my writing and I hope you enjoy.. more..

Writing
ORION ORION

A Poem by Ang Boyce



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Take me Take me

A Poem by Jack...