Parasitic Nightmare

Parasitic Nightmare

A Story by L0v3craft
"

Simply a short weird horror story about a man having some unknown disease with strange parasites.

"

 

            Almost everyone dreads going to see the doctor, especially if it means the possibility of being diagnosed with any kind of disease is surely to happen almost to a fault. Or even worse: the doctor explains that your disease could in fact be a newly discovered one, which means a cure doesn't exist. The latter is more of my own result than the former, and I've never hated going to see the doctor as much as I do now. Ever since I was diagnosed with a disease that still hasn’t been named and something completely new�" baffling the experts in the area�" I was forced to face the reality that I may never see a cure for this damn illness.

            I'm still not sure how I got the disease in the first place. It was during one evening taking a shower when I first noticed the signs of this bizarre illness. Clearly visible underneath the thin layer of skin, I spotted a small tadpole-like parasite navigating up my arm just like a fish, and upon poking at it gently, the thing darted like a frightened guppy towards my elbow before a sensation slightly tickled me as the parasite drilled deeper into the flesh and disappeared from my sight. From then on it got worse as I noticed the increasing number of the things swimming up and down my arms and legs; traveling independently throughout every section of my body. They always disappeared whenever poking the areas of skin that made them visible to me and the public, but because the numbers were getting greater it didn't matter how many times I'd poke to get them to hide since more always came to take their spot. Within a week my arms had hundreds of those black parasites traveling up and down, looking like pea-sized spots from a distance. On the second, I'd get these sores that grew the size of a nickel and slightly change into some sort of boil.

            It was on the third week when I finally paid a visit to the doctor’s office and explained my strange condition. Doctor Carlberg immediately wanted to take a sample when I showed him this large black tumor-like mound that formed out from my bellybutton, which had to been made from all the little bumps I had before and somehow they gathered and formed inside my bellybutton to create this nasty nest. I could feel those parasites squirming inside the large mound as Doctor Carlberg gently probed the surface with a knife, then he gasped in wonder when something inside pushed the knife out. Tiny heads with identical faces of an old man attached to eel-like bodies slithered out from the tumor-like mound and hissed at the doctor. He fell backwards with a terrible scream and then suddenly started to laugh.

            “Damn, that just reminded me of a funny joke one of the nurses told me the other day.”

© 2010 L0v3craft


Author's Note

L0v3craft
I'm not really finished with this, but felt like sharing what I have so far. Who knows, I may change my mind and keep it this way. Any suggestions?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i want to keep reading! It's really intruiging

Posted 5 Years Ago


They... were little old men... o.o
Love this :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


XDDD that was werid omg

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was interesting to read, and seemed to become more intense as it progressed. There is also more detail in your descriptions, towards the end. It reminded me of movies, in which there are weird parastic creatures. "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", for example. Alternatively, this almost seemed like a parody of the hypochondria which many people suffer from, in modern society. Maybe, that is just a coincidence?

I liked your ending, by the way! Not at all, what I was expecting. I think that it might be worth continuing this story, actually. Pretty good writing, so far as it goes.



Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
4 Reviews
Added on November 28, 2008
Last Updated on February 4, 2010

Author

L0v3craft
L0v3craft

NPR, FL



About
"I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, .. more..

Writing