Lost and Found

Lost and Found

A Chapter by Kathryn Smith

Tonight was the night everything was going to change. I could feel it. I also finally had the courage. I was tired of being scared. I didn’t have much time since I was leaving tomorrow, first thing in the morning. It was do or die.

I sat once again in the lobby a few minutes later, waiting for the others, I looked through my pictures. This trip had gone by way too fast. Abruptly, I felt someone sit next to me.

“What are you doing tonight?”

My heart jumped as I looked into a pair of green curious eyes. Before I could say anything, a voice interrupted my thoughts.

“We are trying to find a place to eat!” Chirped my wandering Versailles partner, coming from behind us. He quickly got up and stood looking at us and everyone flowing into the lobby.

After asking him for some good food suggestions and laughing with each other about French etiquette, his face lit up as if he had just gotten an idea.

“I could make you a reservation to my favorite place!”

We all agreed to go to Hugo. It was a cute little restaurant just down the street.

He dialed the number for us and before I knew it we were out the door to eat. I couldn’t help but wonder how our conversation would have gone if no one in my group appeared. He was definitely up to something.

Walking out the door…I looked back and saw him sitting behind the desk as usual. He met my gaze with those same twinkling eyes and smiled at me. With a liquefied heart I smiled back. That face of his was full of so much potential love.

I shoved my hands in my pocket as the cold spring wind chilled me. My heart stopped because I felt something in my pocket that was not there before. It also just dawned on me that I left my jacket in the lobby earlier. He…or someone must have put my jacket in my room. In my pocket, I found a note:

“Bonjour Kathryn!"

Vous etes belle!

(You are beautiful.)



My heart was officially stolen by Paris.



© 2016 Kathryn Smith


Author's Note

Kathryn Smith

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Now, what a sweet ending to this smorgasbord of a chapter … why hasn't anyone but me read this story?
Sheesh!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Kathryn Smith

8 Years Ago

Good question! I hear some people don't like to read books on here, just short little stories becaus.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 8, 2014
Last Updated on February 2, 2016