Taking Chances

Taking Chances

A Chapter by Kathryn Smith

It did not rain a single drop during my time in Paris. The weather was nice over all. We really lucked out! The day after we left it apparently poured the entire week. The slightly warm temperature plummeted. Sometimes I wonder if it was some kind of sign. Paris was crying with me. I wasn’t ready to be home. It felt so wrong.

Back at home, in the dead of night, while the miserable and magical jet lag was keeping me up I began to write a letter. This letter was for him. In it was everything he needed to know. It was my heart and soul. I had to reach him. I had to find him. At first I was hesitant to write but I couldn't take the consuming feeling in my gut anymore. The nagging impulse that this needed to be done.

How was I going to send this to him when I didn't even have his name? I sat pondering ways I could get it to France. Just when I thought my cause was doomed, something caught my eye. It was sticking out of one of my suitcase pockets in the corner of my room. I could've sworn I cleaned everything out!

I got out of bed, walked over to it squinting and gingerly pulled some paper out. What was this? I didn't remember taking it. My heart jumped. It was an information pamphlet from the hotel! On the back in large glorious letters and numbers was the address.

Even though I didn't have his name, I could easily send my letter to the hotel. There was a 50/50% chance he would get this. It couldn't be any clearer. I was going to take that chance.

After searching high and low for a Wisconsin postcard that didn't have a cow, cheese, a farm, or corn fields on it, I finally found the perfect one. I carefully folded his letter, wrote a quick note on the postcard and stuck in our picture, along with a picture of a certain 3 year old I love all into one package.

 I smiled remembering how cool Andre thought it was that I took care of a little boy and managed college all at the same time. He made me feel like superwoman and as I walked out of the post office a few days later, I was confident this package was going to get to him.


Now, was the waiting game.  



© 2016 Kathryn Smith


Author's Note

Kathryn Smith

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ohhh, this is heartrendingly cruel, Kathryn!
It feels so amazingly real and true, though enigmatic, how life can sometimes be so cruel when the moment for love and romance is nigh with the perfect one.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Kathryn Smith

8 Years Ago

It was a lesson I learned indeed! Love can sometimes be in so many forms. You have to spring for it .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 9, 2014
Last Updated on February 2, 2016