Things We Lost In The Fire

Things We Lost In The Fire

A Chapter by Kathryn Smith

These are the things

the things we lost

the things we lost in the fire

When I was 3 my family went to a conference for my Early Childhood Class.

My father was at home sick, but eventually came and joined us because he suddenly felt better.

After the conference we drove home to find our house in flames, burning down to the ground. Neighbors, people from far and near surrounded it, watching.

It was January. I don't remember the flames, but I do remember living in a duplex and moving into our brand new house on my 4th Birthday.

I remember the house being built and I have heard many stories from my mother of the firemen throwing things out the window of our burning house. I've heard stories of everything we lost in the fire.

This song also can be about a relationship and losing love. People can say they love you, and then in a blink of an eye, without any warning leave you.

Exactly like how a fire can destroy anything and everything you loved so much.

Do you understand that we will never be the same again?


The Future's in our hands and we will never be the same again.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9kxiLxMrXk



© 2015 Kathryn Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on December 28, 2014
Last Updated on January 10, 2015