Overjoyed

Overjoyed

A Chapter by Kathryn Smith

I feel overjoyed

When you listen to my words

I see them sinking in

I see them crawling underneath your skin


When people listen.

When they REALLY listen to me.

That's when I feel overjoyed.


In my family my brother and sister are close. My brother doesn't ever talk to me much and my sister? I love her but sometimes she can be quite cruel. Today at my cousins baby shower she said I was ugly at the table. All my family and relatives laughed. It was just a joke indeed, but it still hurt a little bit.


If you watch the music video for Overjoyed there is a girl who has a diary. In the middle of the night she walks out of her house and goes into a patch of woods to burry her diary In ground.


There is also patch of woods by my house and I love to spend time there whenever I can. I grew up in those woods playing. The path knows who I am. The trees hold my secrets...and the ground? The ground has words of mine buried below.


I wrote a letter to a Man in France once. He never replied. I kept a copy of his letter and when I knew a reply wasn't coming I grew tired of looking at my words to him. I took his letter and our picture to the woods and buried them deep in the ground. To you that might sound a little bit crazy but to me it was a metaphor.


My words to the man are now dead and the memories are laid to rest forever.

My family was tired of hearing about him anyway so I had no choice. I had to let him go.


Yet have you ever literally felt someone thinking about you? 

I have.


I have many friends who live across the ocean. One friend of mine lives in Turkey. Words were all we had for each other but he eventually decided to end our friendship because of the distance.


 Once in a while I get that feeling that someone out there is thinking about me in the dead of night.


Sometimes it's ghostly.



Oh I hear you calling in the dead of night



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK3fVJtFTh0



© 2015 Kathryn Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on December 28, 2014
Last Updated on January 10, 2015