Oblivion

Oblivion

A Chapter by Kathryn Smith

Are you going to age with grace?

Are you going to age without mistakes?

Are you going to age with grace

or only to wake and hide your face?

When Oblivion is calling  out your name....





Oblivion:

1: the state of being unaware or unconscious of what is happening.


2: the state of being completely forgotten or unknown:







When I was in a car crash a few years ago, I remember going in and out of oblivion.

Going back and  remembering myself drifting off to no where in that hospital bed and then waking up oblivious, not knowing and forgetting everything that had happened.... That was a beautiful thing. Just being calm for a moment and not drowning in fear and shock.

The music video for Oblivion came out on my 22nd Birthday this year. There are so many various interpretations of the plot of the video but I could relate in a heart beat.

I've never lost my brother but in the video the girl lost her brother in a car crash. She goes to sing at a demolition derby. As she sings the cars are destroyed Metaphors are shown and people cheer as she sadly looks on.

They don't know.

They never went through what she went through.

They are oblivious to the horrors of real car crashes and what they can do to someone.

After my car crash...and even today. People just don't get what you feel because they were never in your shoes.

Yet our life is in our hands.

I chose to age with grace...even if I want to hide my own face so badly sometimes.

I'm going to leave a path to trace...

It's the only way to go on In life if you want to succeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgXOPeobPcI 



© 2015 Kathryn Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
Added on December 30, 2014
Last Updated on January 10, 2015