Poet

Poet

A Chapter by Kathryn Smith

I have written you down now, 

You will live forever

and all the world will read you

you will live forever

in eyes not yet created

on tongues that are not born


This song gives me some reassurance.


My biggest fear is death.


Knowing that you, yourself have no idea what's going to happen to you or when it's going to happen really scares me.


 Is It going to hurt? How much? Is there really a heaven? What if there isn't? What happens to us? What if my death is slow and painful?


It's terrifying if you think about it.


but when you write something down...it really is there forever.


Hearing those words: "You will live forever" makes me feel so much better.


This song also is about someone loving someone else so much, they cant find the words...so they create a poem. The person they love will never be lost or truly die. They will live forever. They are a masterpiece that the world will love.


To me that's beyond romantic.


Now you'll live through the ages

I can feel your pulse in the pages....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBrvHvJAt1Q



© 2015 Kathryn Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi, Kathryn, it is only Richard.
Nice song, BTW … thanks so much for sharing it.

I am really a teacher of poetry and poetic forms, so I am totally unqualified to critique story writers, but I am willing to express my feelings about your story, if you'll not too terribly mind.

I guess I should begin with what first jumps-out at me after reading this: It is more than a little obvious you are a truly deep person to compose such a captivatingly esoteric work, delving into so complicated an issue most all free-thinking individuals have pondered … I know full-well I have, and it can definitely be a scary contemplation, in as much that (in reality) we have no idea, or proof, I suppose I should accurately say, of what lies beyond the veil of our present existence.

You have introduced me to a new dimension of immortality I had not considered in quite the same way as you've presented it, and I very much like what you've shared.

Your comments and sentiments on the thought of a love poem that makes its subject live forever is “beyond romantic” for me, too … and, though I would have never thought to phrase it that way, it’s perfect to express so very much in two well-posed words … they touch just right.

Okay, it is possible I’m wearing your eyes out by now, so I’ll close by saying I love your writer’s voice — it speaks to me in ways that awaken … thank you so warmly and appreciatively for that, Kathryn! ⁓ Richard

( PS: Coincidentally, I have one posted that skirts the spirit of yours, if you’d like to take a peek; it’s titled ENIGMA: http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/RichardJ/1550720/ )

Posted 8 Years Ago


Kathryn Smith

8 Years Ago

Wow this is such an enormous compliment, thank you so very much! :) I will be sure to take a peek at.. read more
Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

Your joy is my satisfaction! : )

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 1, 2015
Last Updated on January 10, 2015