Thankful

Thankful

A Story by Kathryn Smith









After thinking about what really matters...and what I am very thankful for,


I've decided I am most thankful for my friends and loved ones!


Without them, I don't know what I'd do.


If you've made this list, give yourself a pat on the back.


Thank You!


Thank you for all the smiles you put on my face.


For all the laughter.


For the romance.



For the lessons.


For everything in between.





(These are in no particular order! I promise!)



1) My Parents:


They do so much, and they are the hardest working people I know.

I'm thankful for all they do and what they have done for me. I love you mom and dad!


2) Cashton: 


He was and will always be my first love. That little boy has brought so much joy in my life! He's like my little person. His smile can brighten any cloudy day and I think he has taught me more than I have taught him. His family is like my own family now


3) Kristen, Laura, Adela, Angelica, Rosalina, and Juan:


You are all my best friends. My squad. My crew. You always have my back. After many years looking for genuine real friends, I couldn't ask for anyone better! We have so many great memories and I love you all like crazy! xxxx


4) Cassandra:


She is my go to person for teacher advice! Thanks for all your help senorita! ;) Gracias!


5) Cory Monteith, Dan Smith, (From Bastille) and Sufjan Stevens:  


I think music in general is something I am equally thankful for. It gets me through literally everything. There's nothing better than the fan girl feeling!


6) Albie:


Where to start with this one!? This person makes me feel like I'm winning at life. Like I'm appreciated. Like I'm doing something right for a change! I can't wait to meet you! Two Broadway babies can create some epic magic.


7) Mustafa:  


My Turkish buddy! I'll never forget how excited he was to get a Christmas card from me.
I give him credit for taking me under his wing, healing a broken heart, and showing me what a true friendship is.


8) The 3 Musketeers: Michael, Nicholas, and Matthew:


They are my first memories, my childhood, and my adolescent years. They gave me real adventure and were the people that have made me feel so alive and free. I love them all so much and am proud of each of them! I couldn't ask for kinder brothers from another mother.


9) Rebecca and Rebecca: They both love traveling and are such wonderful friends!

They have a tendency to put me back in line when I overreact to something. When you see that kind of friend, you know you're cared about.


10) Taidgh:


That man! He is the best kind of person. I cant ever find the words for how wonderful he is. If you're reading this, I cannot wait to meet you! if you knew how many times you've given me a shot of joy and happiness, I think you'd be blown away. Thanks for all the love! You are my sunshine. xo


11) Carla and John:


 Now that my mind is on Irish people I have to include these two!

I can always count on them to make me laugh out loud. Humor is crucial in life and without it how would we ever get through things?


12) The Bushman Family and My students:


They're teaching me and turning me into a confident teacher. I couldn't ask for a better class! I'm lucky! All those smiling faces and warm hearts make the cold not so bad.  


13) My mother's daycare children:


These kids and their families are also like family. The nice thing about children is their unconditional love, acceptance, and happiness.




14) My Family:  


We may tangle sometimes, but it all builds character. I've learned many lessons! We've shared so much laughter!


15) Megan:


You may be gone, but you made me into the girl I am today. You taught me while you were alive, and you taught me while you died. I miss you everyday, but I can feel you in the wind! Thanks for the guidance. Thanks for reassuring me you're alright in my  dreams.


16) All of you on Writers Café:


I have met some of the most incredible people on here! Sharing passions of writing is such an amazing experience! Believe it or not, those of you who have reviewed my work have made me more of a confident writer. On the days I feel down, I know I can count on you to raise me up and have my back. THANK YOU!



 


If I missed you, and you happen to be my friend, I want you to know that I thank you as well. Life is a journey and I'm happy to see the faces who stick around.





Happy Thanksgiving! x


Yours Truly,


Kathryn Smith


Build a long wood box, stain and add spanish moss, pumpkins, pinecones, candles, etc.. This is beautiful from Far Above Rubies: Thanksgiving preview...:

© 2015 Kathryn Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

And Thank you for the hopeful and beautiful words. A wise person is thankful for love near.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


I kept reading and waiting for my name haha jk jk... this is an awesome community I am thankful for good people like you :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Firstly, Thank you as well Kathryn as well for being a friend and writer-mate(I dunno whether this word actuallly exists!!).

And about this piece, Awesome and Heart Stealing really.

Superb!! Keep it UP :-D :-3

Posted 8 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
dan
A nice little story that steals the hearts of the readers and make those who do read it thankful for the day when we met you. I hope life keeps giving you more for which to be thankful. take care...dan

Posted 8 Years Ago


You are very fortunate and appear to bea very thoughtful person to express for feelings and gratitude for these people you mentioned.

Posted 8 Years Ago


You are very lucky to have such a long list of dear ones. It says a lot about you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


a beautiful tribute,happy thanksgiving

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 26, 2015
Last Updated on November 26, 2015


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..