Love

Love

A Story by Kathryn Smith

You be the night sky


and I will be the stars









Love.


What is love?


I've heard so many people shoot and splutter out rules, rules, and more rules.


Rules that complicate and destroy love.


At the end of the day, no matter what form of love comes in..


Love is Love.


When you love someone, no one else can take that away from you.


It'll always be nestled deep in your chest.


A miracle in your beating heart.


I realized today, that I genuinely love someone.


I had always thought I did before, but now I truly know.


And I haven't even met him yet.


Like most people, you might think this sounds crazy, but hear me out.


This love isn't the kind of love that a husband or wife have for each other.


This is air.


We can't see it, but we need it.


We breathe it in everyday.


It keeps us alive.


All without seeing it.


Without touching it.


Without even thinking about it.


It's just there.


I simply love him.




I will be visiting him for the first time in about 35 days.


I realized I genuinely loved him through a moment of darkness.


Without him telling me, I could sense something wasn't right, something was very wrong.


So I wrote him a letter.


And to my amazement, I was correct.


Something terrible happened.


Something I will not share.


I knew I loved him when I wanted to take on and carry every ounce of his pain and sorrow.


When I looked at our endless, and loyal messages back and fourth to each other...all the way from that fateful day in October of 2014.


When I realized that one of the greatest stories is unfolding. It's one of the greatest because it is rare.


I love him knowing that he is my person, my human, my joy.


That I'd be content going through the thick and the thin.


Love can help heal.


We learned we not only have the ability to make one another feel better, but we can make one another feel better and get through our darkest moments.


Together we are teammates. Partners. Comedians. Poets. Writers. Hopefuls. Lovers.


We are strong. We are brave.


We are free.


Love is patient.


Love is kind.


Love knows no distance.


And we are ready to meet.




If that's not a kind of love.


What is love?






















© 2016 Kathryn Smith


Author's Note

Kathryn Smith

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the song
And i am so happy for you
I love your take on love
its a breeze of fresh air
I couldnt agree with you more
Love is when you depend on nothing to be a "we"
And you dont even need to see each other
This feeling is there
it grows
and it survives everything

I hope you have a gorgeous time with this lucky man
Because you are beautiful in every way :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hi, Kate! : )
Ya know? You once told me I am a wise man, and though I've written literally thousands of love poems and been in-love so very many times in my lifetime, seems I would be an expert on love … but, after it all, I still haven't the foggiest notion what it "really" is.

All I know for certain is it is different for everyone that feels it, that there is an endless list of varieties of love, and no one definitively knows what ultimate, overall, highest, broadest, deepest love is, as it truly is, as it stands alone, on its own — all by itself.

There is an old song that says, "You can't see it with yours eyes, hold it in your hand, but like the wind — it covers the land … this thing called love!"

As I read through your endearing story/poem several times, it came to life more and more, becoming a part of my own feelings. There is no doubting love breaths and flows throughout your entire being, your every fiber, your heart, soul, and mind, and my heart sings for you, because I know the amazing glory of its incomparable blessings and blissful sensations.

I so very-very sincerely wish the utmost happiness and joy for you and your Celtic Beau, My Dear Lady.
With you, I send my warmest, brightest love … thank you for sharing yours with me!
Blessings, Kathryn … always! ⁓ Richard

Posted 8 Years Ago


It is a very charming and captivating piece. Holds the attention of the reader till the send.
Good one. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


was it love? i don`t know,but my heart is drawn to your soul.is it love ?

Posted 8 Years Ago


It is very possible in our electronic world to fall in love with someone you have never seen in person. Words mean so much and reading them can take us to this place of love. Strong and brave.....yes, you must be to get through this life. The yearning and hopefulness in this poem is so lovely. I wish you and your love much luck. Lydi**

Posted 8 Years Ago


Nicely written, good selection of words but some places you yourself confuse what to name it. Like rules, types of love and so on showing the character's confusion about love. One thing want to know before going deep into words why the character is so curious to meet?

Posted 8 Years Ago


KATHRYN, I LOVED THIS POEM!!!!!!! I really love the way you basically explained what love is and did it justice. Way to go Kathryn :D 100 rating per usual. Great job and keep up the wonderful work :) Can't wait to see what you have next for us.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I agree and I liked the poem dear Kathryn.
"We are free.
Love is patient.
Love is kind.
Love knows no distance. "
Real love is the above words. Giving freely and without regret. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Kathryn Smith

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much! I've been judged by many, including my parents. So thank you for agreeing! I a.. read more
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I'm well and you are welcome my friend.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

371 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2016
Last Updated on April 21, 2016


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..