Dear baby Kathryn,

Dear baby Kathryn,

A Story by Kathryn Smith

I wouldn't want to be anybody else








Dear baby Kathryn,


All eyes are on you, girl.


All eyes are set on you and you have a very long way to go.


People are holding their breath.


Little do they know yet..but you're one hell of a fighter.


And a fighter you'll always be.

 
When you are nearly 24 you're going to be at a point in your life where you're going to wonder why you made it.


Why you pulled through.


Because your heart is going to hurt.


The world will scare you


The world will burn you.


And the world will use you.


You are going to have had enough of life, and you are going to be contemplating if you should pack up your wild heart and throw away your free spiritedness.


Because all it has ever done is let you down.


But chin up and listen up!


In a short while you are going to defy every odd thrown at you.


You're already here so that's a start...


Your lung will bleed, and if another one bleeds you'll die. 


You will get very sick and your skin will turn yellow.


Your dad will hold you and you're going to stop breathing. Your body will suddenly become limp and your little brown eyes will roll to the back of your head.


People will fear you dead.


But don't worry! You will be brought back to life.


A stranger's blood will save you, and eventually you'll get to go home!


I'll be on your parents wedding anniversary.


During your childhood and teenage years, your tininess will bother you.


People will bully you and torment you..


But because of your fight, you'll be able to turn into a warrior of a girl.




Trust me when I say this.


You are here for a reason.


Did it ever occur to you that you're extra special?


You've got enough light to see from millions of miles away.


Your kindness and hope will give other people hope. There are going to be many cynics in this world who will need you.


Your spirit will inspire others.


All sorts of different people are going to flock to you because you have the ability to heal.


Your humour will set off a million smiles and laughter.


And your liveliness and bubbliness will be infectious.


So don't give up just yet!


Don't change yourself..


Just keep going!


You're going to keep asking yourself.


"Why me?"


"When will my time come?" "When will my day come?"


"When will I be loved?"


Good things come to those who wait, fighter.


At 24 you might be running out of patience...


Because you've been battered and bruised more than you ever thought you would.


You'll be drained and defeated from giving out so much love from your enormous heart.


But remember?


You're nearly a goddess.


You're the daughter of Icarus.


You're going to be a gorgeous girl with a heart of steal.


Not many people out there are like you..


In the meantime, pay extra attention to a tiny 10 year old boy.


He's going to dance for the world.


And you're going to see yourself in him.


This boy will remind you of many things.


When smallness is underestimated it carries the ability to prove wrong in a colossal way.


Are you ready to make headlines?


Grab it and run girl.


See you in the future!


Thanks for surviving.


I'll be glad you did.





Love,


Kathryn

© 2016 Kathryn Smith


Author's Note

Kathryn Smith

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this work because it's true for each and everyone us.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Once again Kathryn Smith, you have shined bright through your written works. Great job with this piece as usual. You really are an amazing storyteller and for that, you get a free copy of my book, Heartfelt Words!!! :D Congrats!

Posted 7 Years Ago


This should be a necessity for all expectant mothers to read before giving birth. I love how this is a letter to yourself, and through your words we see that child, family and the fears of what has past, simplified to be sure, but the most important thing to mention, and you did, is having a purpose. I have done some things that have made me think that I was in the right place at the right time to help, or maybe it was the plan all along. Does that mean my purpose has been completed? I don't think so. There is always something. Maybe your purpose will benefit mankind, or one person, but it is a purpose nonetheless, and those purposes can be so wide and varied, or simple acts of kindness when needed. We may never know our true purpose, but someone will, that heart you touched that touched back, the person grateful just for a passing smile, or a million other things. They can all be our purpose and they are all equally important.
Thank you for sharing such a beautiful perspective.

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
-
Awesome piece. This is someone thing we all should do and talk to our inner child. Very emotional. N.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Very motivating and encouraging for any soul drowning in blackness. Loved reading it. I could see bits of Kathryn in me. Thank you for putting up such a wonderful piece. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


A amazing story told my friend. I believe we honor ourselves and our family when we overcome life struggle and do well. Thank you for sharing the powerful story.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


and you did survive,and you are here for a reason,and you are loved by many
keep on fighting girl

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

672 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 14, 2016
Last Updated on July 14, 2016


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


She She

A Poem by Kathryn Smith