Moving Forward

Moving Forward

A Story by Kathryn Smith

The cold was horrendous this winter. It broke records and became dangerous just to step outside for a few minutes. My entire town shut down. Even the mail was stopped. 

And despite my hatred for winter; I have blossomed and learned a thing or two about myself. 


1) A brandy old fashioned sweet is my go to drink. It can cure anything. 

2) My parents are truly phenomenal human beings. They do so much for me. Even when I don't deserve it. 

3) Just because you're heartbroken does not mean you are truly broken. 

4) Communication is key. 

5) Those who are nasty to you are more than likely jealous of you. 

6) Seducing a Priest with your eyes is easy but seducing a Priest with your body is impossible. You are NOT Meggie in The Thorn Birds. (Or are you?) :) 


7) Short hair looks so much better on me than long hair. 

8) Daycare is not something I want to do for a living for the rest of my life. 

9) Saying no is okay.

10) Follow your gut. 

11) Embrace that Irish pride and you can move heaven and earth. 

12) Stay true to yourself. 




Its been a strange winter, and I am still muddling through. 

I've seen a lot of unhappiness and frustration in myself, but I have also seen a lot of growth. 

The only thing I can do is keep moving forward. 

© 2019 Kathryn Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on February 10, 2019
Last Updated on February 10, 2019