Dear Megan

Dear Megan

A Story by Kathryn Smith

Dear Megan, 
I wrote you a quick letter the day before March 6th; The start of Lent: Ash Wednesday. Since then...I've had a bit of a growth spurt. 
Something is happening. 
Something beautiful. 
Something moving and heartwarming. 
I found my childlike faith again. 
I feel connected again. 
I feel happy again. 
My anxiety has vanished. 
I've been listening to more Christian tunes, and they have worked wonders.
They have made me closer to God.
They have made me calmer. 
Church has been wonderous. 
It's almost like I am falling in love...it is so strange Megan!
On Wednesday, April 3rd, I awoke around 6 am...and I cannot quite describe it but I felt as though something in the universe or something in the air was about to burst...like something was happening. Whatever I felt was so strong; Later that day I found out my friend's father died that morning, and a family friend had also died on Monday. 
Weird right? 
Anyways; I hope you're well! I'm still very much into the Priest at your Parish. 
I am embarrassed about it; I couldn't even shake his hand the other day and now I'm sure he thinks I'm an absolute jerk or that I do not like him...
The connection I feel with him is also so strong. It hits me like a brick wall. 
I hope I live to see the day when Catholic priests are allowed to marry. 
I will sprint to that man if the day ever comes....
Miss you!
Love you. 
See you in time...
Your friend, 
Kathryn 

© 2019 Kathryn Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on April 8, 2019
Last Updated on April 8, 2019