Jan. 17, 2011

Jan. 17, 2011

A Story by Pastor Jodi Serino
"

The pastor scribes a dream from her facebook notes as this is formatted for her debut here. From Ecclesiastes 1:1 to 2:2 does clearly come to mind. Pensacola Christian College take notes...

"


I don't want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.”


-- Billy Graham (1918-2018)



I must record this dream now while it is fresh in my head, and as usual, when I finish, I will go back to what happened to bring me to this point at 7:24pm.

In this dream, I was running to get away from someone who had intentions to try to kill me. Who that someone was I have no idea, except that where I usually fight and stand against those who come after me in my dreams, this time I was told to run.

I remember that where I was running was not necessarily outside of a house. Yet, I can’t really say that I was inside of a house either. It was white space. Usually, in my dreams, I see everything clearly because I am made to pay close attention to details in my dreams so that I can write them when I get up. As the various details are replaying before my eyes so that I can write this I tell you it was white space. No clear definition of an outside, or an inside.  It was, at this stage of the dream that I am recording, white space, and there were a lot of people walking to and fro in this white space.

At this point where I had entered in, from the room of the house in which I was told to run because I was getting ready to be chased by someone or “thing”, (or had the feeling I was being chased because I never saw who was chasing me), I remember hearing someone tell me to run into the church because whatever it was that was chasing me could not touch me once I got inside the church. I remember pushing past a bunch of people to get to the other side of the room where these doors were, as if on a wall. Nothing was clearly defined as to which door was which, yet I was being drawn, or pulled, maybe, to a specific door which I opened and ran in.

When I went in, though I felt safe, I instantly realized that I was not in the room called “church”. I had run into the room called “the hospital”. This room was brightly lit, and the person or thing didn’t come in behind me at all, though I expected it to, which caused me to look around me for another way out.  All I knew is that I was told to go into the door called “church” and something in my ear said to try the door at the back of the room, which I didn’t see at first. It led to the other room which I believed was the room of the church that I was to be in.

I then stood in the doorway and looked at the room that I had originally entered into.  That is how I knew that it was the hospital, and not the church. It was the details of the room (looking like an exam room) that made it clear to me that this was the hospital. The details that stood out to me in the room that I looked into, and then, entered from the adjacent door, was the cut stained glass single window in the wall that was in the shape of a cross. It lit up when I opened the main door of this room to make sure that it was the “church”.  

Also, of note, is that this room was not as brightly lit as the room of the hospital which comforted me. That church room was more of a soft antique white with aged yellow undertones. I was not drawn to it as I was to the hospital room. I went to open the door of the church just to check to make sure that I was in the right room, and I was, but as I went to close the door I felt a pushing against it. I was scared and thought it was the person or thing coming after me. But, when I tried to push hard to close it, I was told to let the door open.  (This voice had guided me through the entire dream, but I never saw whom the voice belonged to because I was alone the entire time.)

 When I went to open the door, a line of people began walking through the door. Many of those coming in I did not know.  Some faces I did recognize like Darius. I recognized him, but I didn’t speak as he entered in because I was so busy paying attention to the song being sung as everyone came in, which I can’t remember now.

I even saw my oldest daughter in the line with my two grandbabies Ezekiel and Elizah. Elizah was newly walking in this dream. She is not quite one yet, and in the dream she looked to be about 1 ½ or 2 years. As it was time for Tati to near the door she was, as if, pulled out of line and sent to the back of the line. I was holding the door waiting for her to come in, and the words of the song everyone seemed to be singing was so pronounced to me at this point, and I knew that it was imperative to her life that she made it in the door.

The next thing I saw, as I saw some form standing to the side of her almost as if holding her back, was that the end of the line had come in. I was waiting on my daughter, and screaming at that thing to let my daughter come in. I felt as if I was being held back as I was screaming at the thing that looked almost angelic, and in my opinion should have been helping her. It wasn’t the people inside that was holding me back, but whatever it was that had been speaking to me throughout the dream. The people that entered never turned around to help Tati. (That aggravates me now, as I reflect on the dream, but I was too busy yelling at whatever was holding me back to help my daughter that I didn’t have time to get angry with those who came in that didn’t look back to help her.)

I screamed as my daughter went down on her back and lost the hands of my grandchildren.  I saw Elizah stumbling trying to walk away. I saw Tati’s hand raise up off the ground, and her finger point, as if towards me, and I screamed  and started to run out the door to go get my daughter,  but I was held back, as if around my waist, by my spirit, and told that I could not leave out of the room to get  her because if I left out I would not be able to get back in myself and I would die.

My spirit was agitated. I wanted my daughter. I remember that I could still hear the voices being spoke even as I woke up anxious and calling the devil a liar. That was NOT my daughter, and I will NOT lose any one of my daughters to this world.

I was now woke just lying on the bed oblivious to what time it was as I called out “Brent” only to find out that I was alone in the room.  The cartoon playing on the tv, “The Princess and the frog”, was at a singing portion of the movie. I lied there and listen to the words sung on the cartoon to see if I had incorporated that into my dream. It was an entirely different song from what I heard sung in my dream. I lied there continually going over that dream in my head as I listened to the words being spoken into my heart’s ears about it.

I was reminded of the connection to the rooms, the door in the back of the room that connected the hospital room to the church room. I was reminded that I came through the hospital door, and not the church door. I was reminded that everyone I saw was coming in through the church door, not the hospital door. Why? I am now being led to ask as I type this here. And what is being spoken to my heart is that they didn’t have to figure out which door to go into as I did because though I went into the church from the back door, I had opened the church door up so those who began coming in didn’t have to figure out if it was the right door because it was the door that was opened.

I don’t know what they were told which directed them to come to that door. I find myself curious as to what they were told because when I was on the outside of those doors, there was no clear sign as to what door was what. I remember just having this inkling that I was supposed to pass by a bunch of doors in favor of the one that I felt led to go into. I remember feeling safe due to the brightness of the room I entered into only to realize that it was not the church.

If I had to describe the difference between the two rooms, the hospital room versus the church room, I would say that the church room’s light was dull, not bright. I am not sure that I would have went into it if I was to come in from the outside, but then again?" I now am led to question: If I had come in from the outside into the actual church room, would the dullness of that room have looked bright to me seeing how I would have entered into it first and not into the brightly lit hospital room first.  Hmmmm…

As I lied on the bed almost in a daze, hearing and knowing that I was supposed to record this part of the dream, but not moving to grab my computer and do so, I heard my cell phone ring. Upon getting up and grabbing the phone, I found that no call had come through, and no text message had come through. I went to the bathroom, and then returned to my computer, with every part of the dream that I had to record still fresh in my heart and mind along with the tears from the weight of this dream and the knowledge that I am to forward this all over.

I am not asking for an interpretation of this dream. God spoke to me what I needed to know from it. In tears I pray ….


For my children, because of what happened with my daughter in the dream. Yet I know that sometimes things will be presented to me in a manner that it is easy for me to receive, so I hang onto God’s promises to me regarding all seven of my children and I pray….

For myself, that the one fallen outside of the door was not me falling before making it past the finish line. Begging Dad, to help me so that, if in this dream the one fallen was me, I would get back up. Then after being shown that I was standing at the door, holding the door open, and wanting to run out to get the one fallen, I now pray….

That whomever this one was, as I am being directed to send this out through my yahoo email and on my facebook NOTE page, that they get back up, and that someone out there helps them to keep moving forward.


The soldiers have a saying… ‘no man is left behind’. If a soldier is injured, the next one will help bear the weight of the injured soldier so that, limping and all, he can still make it in. In my dream, the one who had the appearance of my daughter left her place in line (almost as if she was told to), and she went to the back. She was still standing before I saw her fall to the ground. No one tried to help her. And that to which I was yelling at to let my daughter come in, looked as if an angel standing near and then over her looking over her.

I woke up, so I never saw the end of that dream. I am declaring and decreeing my own two daughters and five sons and 7 grandchildren’s safety. I am decreeing and declaring God’s Word that a righteous man may fall seven times, but HE WILL GET BACK UP. I am decreeing and declaring this because I don’t know who that fallen child of God represented. But I will say this….

To everyone who reads this and understand it:

Don’t give up. Don’t quit. You are right at the door, whomever you are.  Don’t get out of line. Don’t call yourself backsliding now thinking that it’s okay to backslide, because in my dream the one who backslid this time fell down and did not get back up. Don’t choose to backslide thinking you can just get at the end of the line and come in the door. Keep your focus. PLEASE…

To whomever reads this that sees themselves as the one who has fallen:

Get up. I am sitting here in this chair typing and praying for you. I am sitting here in this chair crying and yelling for you to be helped. I am standing at the doorway demanding that you are helped. NOW GET UP!!! And come on in. Press your way as close as you can. Try to reach my hand so that I can yank you in. I am not allowed to come out and pick you up. You have got to summon the last of your energy and GET UP.

But here is a note for you:

I see what looks like an angel standing over you. Please get up and come into safety now before the danger comes. I will continue to pray for you, whomever you are, until this weight and heaviness regarding you is lifted off of my heart.

I thought that I was going to have to tell the rest of the dream that led up to this part but I think that I have written all that I was supposed to because the weight that was on me is lifted.

I have no idea what is to become of this writing done 1/17/11 but… may it inspire many to action.



*thy will be done..*

© 2018 Pastor Jodi Serino


Author's Note

Pastor Jodi Serino

Dispelling Jack T. Chick's Stereotypes


Work hard so God can say to you, “Well done.” Be a good workman, one who does not need to be ashamed when God examines your work. Know what his Word says and means.

     

-- 2 Timothy 2:15 TLB



Pastor Jodi, had a hand from the publisher of The Ethereal Gazette with this presentation as it appeared on her Facebook notes (private profile) The analysis of the said piece has a register similar to Gothic author, Anne Rice. Though this will be about the size of his output in Darkened Horizons: Issue 3 or his own collection. Comparable to his short story in the second namesake, as there will be a photo that will be going with this. Under his suggestion as he's looking around for the costume and it became a donation that's in a range that would really give a powerful display of one of her outings. The piece calls to mind his alumni recent material based on The Canterbury Tales known as The Beggars Tale or his cyberpunk analysis of Bryn Riplinger known as Digital Wasteland. If one want's to seek her out visit her on Anointed Writers Group as this is where she has another piece uploaded as a .doc attachment.
     The image is from a Chick Tract which was recycled for African-American audiences as It's Your Life. The story itself © 2011-present from the pastor, but one can pin this how they wish or send the link to tumblr blogs. The story that will be linked will be the creative nonfiction yarn he did that invoked a discussion as she said, "I am surprised you remember what happened about that." Like him, she also has Chicago ties too as he points out some of his alumni and the artist who handled the treatment to one of his short stories. The word count of this is exactly 2,440 words. Horace Gilgamesh's Controversial dark interpretation to have Christians rethink how they see The Bible itself.  This verse is none other than the Members Verse -- the one that Christians commonly quote for those witnessing their faith.
      He pointed out to her that she's in King James Only Central as he will link one of the blogs from a preacher who escaped the IFB establishment. For more reading further check out Reasonable Faith and Benjamin L. Corey.
      Actor Jim Carrey via The Talks sums up the landscape of The Pattern Of Diagnosis and Holden's Counterpart. One can also go check this piece out if one want's a realistic perspective of Evangelicals. So those who are reading this please pin this to other places and it will be sent to a few outlets to give this exposure. The publisher introduced the 2007 era roster as more so the Issue Five contributor who he ushered into that issue and not realizing the power this had when it first emerged. He connected her with one of his contacts who he did a presentation with The Message of the text showing the findings what Horace Gilgamesh pointed out with John 3:16



My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Okay you're moved in; all the coding and your costume is on it's way. Don't say no because this is a donation to your ministry and where you are -- dealing with Pensacola Christian College aka the Independent Fundamental Baptist establishment. One needs to really get in their heads some and think on a medical level; you will be sent some links via private message here as the links were not allowed in the story itself. There will be a blog linked to you commentary that's also linked to Digital Wasteland as one of my articles is linked to the cross pictures     You will be prepared to get a lot of traffic and what you're expecting for a donation. don't be mad because that came from the research of an Egyptologist as you're getting a pdf with every note and insight I have as how I got that connected. The choice for the mp3 -- it's a voiceless version of this.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Omg I just read this again and wanted to cry again. I cover all of my children in the blood of Jesus Christ. Then I had 7 grandchildren. Now I have close to 16. I plead the protective covering of the blood of Jesus Christ over them all.

Oh Lord, I forgot about this dream. Lord have mercy.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a really good story. I was really in to it and really enjoyed it.

Posted 5 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

UncleFossil

5 Years Ago

Glad you got a kick out of her work man; check out Digital Wasteland if you want something with a s.. read more
Pastor Jodi Serino

5 Years Ago

Lil Drummerboy, Thank you for taking the time to read my writings. I am glad you enjoyed them.
this is a great story,touching

Posted 5 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pastor Jodi Serino

5 Years Ago

Hello Wordman, thank you for taking the time to read my writings. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
<.. read more
 wordman

5 Years Ago

you`re welcome
UncleFossil

5 Years Ago

Hey Jodi glad you're found your way around. Wordman got to check out my article Boycotting Truth. .. read more
Okay you're moved in; all the coding and your costume is on it's way. Don't say no because this is a donation to your ministry and where you are -- dealing with Pensacola Christian College aka the Independent Fundamental Baptist establishment. One needs to really get in their heads some and think on a medical level; you will be sent some links via private message here as the links were not allowed in the story itself. There will be a blog linked to you commentary that's also linked to Digital Wasteland as one of my articles is linked to the cross pictures     You will be prepared to get a lot of traffic and what you're expecting for a donation. don't be mad because that came from the research of an Egyptologist as you're getting a pdf with every note and insight I have as how I got that connected. The choice for the mp3 -- it's a voiceless version of this.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1375 Views
4 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 9, 2018
Last Updated on May 12, 2018
Tags: dreams, facebook, 2 Timothy 2:15, Know Thyself, Jungian Concepts, Billy Graham, journals, Anne Rice, Reasonable Faith

Author

Pastor Jodi Serino
Pastor Jodi Serino

Pensacola , FL



About
Minister Jodi Lynn Serino of Chicago, Illinois, wife of national radio personality, Jerry Silvers, of Christian Internet Radio Station, The New Praise Radio, is the mother of 7 children, and grandmoth.. more..

Writing