Chapter 4- Coincidence? More Like Dumb Luck

Chapter 4- Coincidence? More Like Dumb Luck

A Chapter by Ace D Portgas

            Jax and Kidd made their way to the front of the train into the conductor room. Kidd shined the light on the door, which is covered in blood. The two braced themselves as Jax kicked down the door. As the door falls to the floor they hear a familiar voice

 

Soren: “I could have been a defenseless civilian.”

 

Just then the power cuts back on, Jax and Kidd are face to face with Soren. Jax knows Soren well enough to know he got the lights to work

 

Jax: “How’d you manage to fix the lights?”

 

Soren (ignoring Jax): “You two didn’t even notice did you?”

 

Kidd: “Notice what?”

 

Soren: “There were Skymon gang members on the train. I was ease dropping on their conversation while you two creating a spectacle. Although they knew you guys were from the Sunset Squad, they really didn’t pay it any mind. One of them did call Jax a jackass though”

 

Jax whispers something under his breath while Soren continues to talk.

 

Soren: “It may be dumb luck but turns out the Skymon gang aren’t even in East Caesar now. One of the higher subordinates, Dodge I think it was, girlfriend is having a party tonight in Sonic Park which is where this train is headed”

 

Jax, feeling proud of the gang going in the right direction after all crosses his arms and smiles

 

Jax: “It ain’t easy. It damn sure ain’t easy. Just proves how great I am.”

 

Kidd: “It just proves it was dumb luck. So will Skymon be there too?”

 

Soren: “I didn’t really get that far. They stopped talking after you blew the lights.”

 

Jax and Soren look at Kidd while Kidd smiles and says sorry.

 

Soren: “I wouldn’t be surprised if he stayed in EC though. They need someone to stay at the base. Those guys are close knit while many members of our gang are scattered. They can’t afford to lose their base.”

 

Kidd: “So what is the plan going to be?”

 

Soren (after thinking for a few seconds): “This was really unexpected. If the whole gang was at EC, I could’ve easily blended in and improvised from there. If most of them are going to be out then Skymon will be alert. Not only that, but I’m sure there will only be a couple with him at the base. He’d easily be able to pick us out.”

 

Soren (After thinking some more): “Ok. Here’s what I want to happen. Jax you’d probably enjoy taking on multiple opponents wouldn’t you?”

 

Jax: “You know it!”

 

Soren: “Ok well Jax I’m going to have you head to Sonic Park. If you can, take out as many members as you can. I’m not going to be around so please do it stealth-wise.”

 

Soren can picture in his head Jax screaming and rushing right into a fight. Soren looks at Kidd.

 

Soren: “Now Kidd. I trust you to be able to take on Skymon or at least hold him off until I get there.”

 

Jax: “Now wait just a second. Now if Kidd is off fighting the Head Honcho himself and I’m fighting a few flunkies, wouldn’t that make it seem like Kidd is the stronger one?”

 

Kidd: “DOES THAT EVEN MATTER?!”

 

Jax: “Got to take my fans into account baby. I can’t have under my bio that you defeated a Leader of a Gang while I defeat a bunch of mooks.”

 

Kidd: “Glad to see you got faith in me winning Jax”

 

Jax: “Whatever! Even if you lose people will say that Kidd fought the Captain”

 

Soren: “Well Jax, you know Dodge is right under Skymon. Basically he’s 2nd in command.”

 

Kidd: “I also believe he is a brute just like you. You two would get along just fine.”

 

Jax: “Was he here when they came to our base last time?”

 

Soren: “Yes. You were to busy fighting someone else to notice him though. Not to mention this occurred like a few years ago. He probably is a lot stronger now. So if it concerns you that much, it won’t look bad on your resume”

 

Kidd (interrupts Soren while he is talking): “Soren. What are you going to be doing while all this is happening?”

 

Soren: “While we’re out here I’m going to look for a certain man.”

 

Jax: “Who are you talking about?”

 

Soren: “Myles.”

 

Jax & Kidd: “BOSS’S SON!?”

 

Kidd: “Why would that son of a b***h be out here? Nonetheless why even bother trying to find him?”

 

Soren: “My Intel has told me he was last seen over in East Caesar. What’s he doing out that way, I don’t know. Even if you dislike what he did, he still is the Boss’s child. He raised him to take over the Squad. I’m sure he had his reasons for leaving the way he did. Also remember Myles was the main reason Skymon and his crew didn’t take over the base? This was when it was confirmed Skymon was a “Strange”. Now we know that ever since then Skymon has better control over the “Wind” ability, His name has been gaining fame even past East Caesar. It’s hard to gauge how strong the man is now. But with your speed Kidd you’re the best here for the fight. Using my calculations, your speed at its max should balance out the force of wind that Skymon exerts. I don’t know how every “Strange” works but it seems to me like it could be a battle of endurance”

 

The three members are silent. Suddenly....

 

Jax: “I still don’t see the point of searching for Myles. It was obvious when he left he couldn’t handle leading our gang. Leaks about us were sent everywhere. Remember that time we were up a good five straight hours fending off gang after gang because they knew when we were at our weakest. He just doesn’t possess the traits of a leader.”

 

Soren: “Jax you have to realize all the blame shouldn’t go on him. If our members truly cared about us they wouldn’t have left so easily. Not to mention Boss did just up and leave without telling anyone.”

 

Kidd: “Yeah, now that you mention it, I do remember Myles began to act strangely afterwards. It seemed like he was weaker, and wasn’t very stable.”

 

Suddenly the train comes to a halt. Soren who was driving begins to talk.

 

Soren: “I’m going to stop the train here, if I take this all the way to the next train station we could run into some trouble, we got to go now and walk the rest of the way.”

 

Jax looks as if he is thinking about something. He is trying to figure out if he should bother asking this question but he ends up asking anyway.

 

Jax: “Soren, how’d you know how to drive a train?”

 

Soren (completely ignoring what Jax said): “Jax, Sonic Park doesn’t usually have many F.O.R.C.E Members around that area. It’s usually a well-kept area. So if you can manage to pull this off without getting any of them involved then it’ll be less of a hassle for us. Right now we’re about 5 minutes from SP. East Caesar is about a mile. Me & Kidd are going to head over there.” (Pauses for a second then look at Kidd) “Kidd once we get to East Caesar we’re splitting up. You should remember where Skymon’s base is.”

 

Soren then stands up looking ready for business. Jax cracks his knuckles and Kidd lets out a huge grin

Soren: “This is our stop guys. We’re here.” 



© 2011 Ace D Portgas


Author's Note

Ace D Portgas
Writer's Note: Detective Conan is the actual first anime I liked. I started watching it in the morning on Cartoon Network when it was called Case Closed. I didn't even know it was a manga

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Plans are always useful. They (Jax and Kidd) are lucky they have a brain in their group. xD

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love this chapter. It made me laugh too. I think it's interesting that Jax likes to take on huge guys. Kidd is cool and Soren seems to be the one in the lead. I think Jax and Kidd need to not fight so much. Hm, can't wait to meet Myles character. The other gang seems tough though and it's going to be fun to see the fight. You did a great job on this. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the humor, your style of writing keeps the readers hooked and wanting more

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow I am hooked. I am loving this so far. I really love how how each of the characters are distinctly different and you explain them amazingly. I am already starting to feel like I am getting know the characters which makes me want to fine out what happens to them even more. I noticed a few minor grammar mistakes like when Soren says "You were to busy" the 'to' should have been 'too'. I love the story line and I definitely cant wait to read more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ah Jax. Great chapter ,even better book.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Looks like there is a genius plan! but I wonder if they are gonna run into any trouble with the civilians hmmmm

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the more seriousness of this scene. (Another typo I saw though was higher up and was when Soren says "ease dropping" it should be "eaves dropping". I'm a stickler about these things so...) This helps explain more about the fighting and all that. I'm still wondering about the "strange" people thing... But I shall find out by reading more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Soren: “There were Skymon gang members on the train. I was ease dropping on their conversation while you two creating a spectacle. Although they knew you guys were from the Sunset Squad, they really didn’t pay it any mind. One of them did call Jax a jackass though”


Jax whispers something under his breath while Soren continues to talk

THAT MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY!!

Lets hope this Myles guy knows what he's doing..


Posted 12 Years Ago


I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! And how DOES Soren know how to drive a train? ^^ I love your writing, it's so good. I love Jax and I can't wait to read him kicking bad guy booty!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think I like Jax and Soren the best! This is great :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1048 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 3, 2011
Last Updated on August 18, 2011
Tags: comics, manga, force, powers, government, humor, comedy, adventure, fourth-wall

So Called Heroes


Author

Ace D Portgas
Ace D Portgas

MI



About
My name is Patrick and I'm currently working on a comic/manga entitled "So Called Heroes". My dream one day is for this to hit the shelves so everyone can get a look at it...Cause I Just Gotta Make It.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ace D Portgas



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..