Create Objectivity in Your Research Paper

Create Objectivity in Your Research Paper

A Story by PatriciaMcGee
"

One of the reasons many students fail to write a good research paper is because they pay no importance to objectivity.

"

One of the reasons many students fail to write a good research paper is because they pay no importance to objectivity. Students often make the mistake of interjecting their own opinions and thoughts about the topic without verifying their veracity.


 A student can bring neutrality and objectivity to his college research paper or high school term paper by using logic and analytical skills, verifying every statement with valid proofs and paying due attention to opposing stances. Below are a few ways a student can become a credible research paper or term paper writer.


1.        Research before writing is always of paramount importance. A student can conduct different modes of primary and secondary research; he can either gather data from the market through observation, surveys or interviews or he could gather data from published sources, either from the library or through online means. Ensure that whatever resource you choose, the information in it is valid and credible and can be cited in your research paper. A student should narrow down his scope of research to better focus on his topic.


2.        A lot of online references are often not as credible as they seem. It is better that a student choose his information from places which are highly acknowledged as providers of verified information or from sites which .edu and .gov domains. This can help a student get information that is of high quality.


3.        The research papers shall be well balanced with giving equal importance to both stances of the topic. A student should pay due attention to all different aspects of the topic, and should keep consulting his thesis statement to maintain his focus. The research paper will have credible information as support to prove any statement made in the research paper.


4.       A student should make sure to include counter arguments in his research paper. A good way to convince your readers or audience to see from your view point is to list down all the opposing statements and then refute them through supported evidences and statements. This can help you ensure the readers accept your perspective on the topic.


5.        Wherever you have borrowed the sources, you need to cite them as well without fail. A student should not neglect to insert citations at the end of any quote or statement borrowed from another resource. All the resources will be listed at the end of the research paper in the bibliography and reference list.


6.       Always be objective in your language.  When writing a research paper it is essential that a student write in the third person as opposed to first person language. Failure to do so can result in a huge research paper editing as the deadline draws near!

 

© 2014 PatriciaMcGee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

413 Views
Added on February 7, 2014
Last Updated on February 7, 2014
Tags: research, writing, academic, school, college, university, objective, neutral, unbias