Coffee Around

Coffee Around

A Story by Patrick JL
"

"

On this very early morning flight it was me and a load of Japanese tourists on a 727 bound for someplace East. It was a fine day but something didn’t feel right. I took an extra tug on my seat belt and when the lady stewed offered me coffee I turned her down.   

About the instant she finished serving everyone, it hit. We must have been at 20,000 feet but the “clear air turbulence” didn’t care. It all started slow and the next moment the ceiling was full of Japs - (coffee and all). I don’t know what happened to the guy in the rest room. And don’t want to guess. After the rocking and rolling settled down and the stews finished cleaning what they could the pilot got on the intercom and mumbled some sort of lame apology.  

The remainder of the flight was uneventful. Or as calm as it could be, with a load of coffee soaked passengers all jabbering at 1,000 miles an hour. I slept well being still strapped in tight and coffee free. I woke some hours later and the jabbering was still at 1,000 with a volume level of 10.  But for me it was a “Konnichiwa.” (Japanese for Good Morning) 

Rule #1: If you’re on a flight. And someone offers you a liquid. And the container doesn’t have a good lid. DON’T TAKE IT! 

Something I learned on my very first solo cross-country flight to Kalispell Montana USA and this flight.

© 2017 Patrick JL


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
You got quite interising style. Very free and quiet fresh for my eyes. Keep writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Patrick JL

6 Years Ago

Thank You for your kind words. I just write (read report) on what I have done, saw or have been stra.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 7, 2017
Last Updated on August 7, 2017

Author

Patrick JL
Patrick JL

PDX, OR



About
I have been tolded I should write. Of course this was by folks, bound by civilization, to baste my ego. They insisted the cyber ether was the place to begin. This seemed as good a place as any to .. more..

Writing
NOTHING NOTHING

A Story by Patrick JL