The Future

The Future

A Story by Patrick JL
"

"


In major league baseball….. The batters were not content with just a uniform. Now they come to the plate with gloves, shoes, a helmet, a face guard, chine guard, knee guards, elbow guards, gloves and oh yes they still bring a bat.


If the trends continue…………. I predict all batters will come complete with a full body protection suit. If they were to stand in the middle of the plate and get hit they would not be hurt.


The pitcher will be a machine that spits out the balls at various speeds, angles, and spins. The real pitcher will be a guy that adjusts the machine and then hides behind it. He can also be there to field the ball should one ever be actually be hit.


Of course there will be no umpires. They will have been replaced by cameras in the early 2000’s. The close calls being made by an old, fat, unshaven, dirty old man sitting in a trailer in Lower Brule, South Dakota. (New York having sunk years before)


© 2017 Patrick JL


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on September 16, 2017
Last Updated on September 16, 2017

Author

Patrick JL
Patrick JL

PDX, OR



About
I have been tolded I should write. Of course this was by folks, bound by civilization, to baste my ego. They insisted the cyber ether was the place to begin. This seemed as good a place as any to .. more..

Writing
NOTHING NOTHING

A Story by Patrick JL