Lilly's chronicle - 7 -

Lilly's chronicle - 7 -

A Story by Patsy
"

Part reality, part fiction - Lilly's love life...

"

Lilly’s chroniche -7-

 

 

Near Death

 


Lilly is slipping in and out of consciousness... She's not sure if she's having a bad dream... There's a light in front of her... It's soft like a yellow sunrise, but very strong at the same time... And yet, she doesn't need to adjust her eyes... She is approaching the light at a steady pace, but she can't feel herself walk... In fact, she can't "see herself". The tip of her nose is not there. If she looks down, she only sees light clouds all around her, but her legs are missing... She has no hands, no body... But she feels very calm as if it's Ok to be drawn to the light. There is no sound... except a light beep that rings out at a constant rythm behind her... It's coming closer...

Lilly suddenly feels like choking... Sharp pain in her throat.. Mumbling sounds all around... The beep goes faster...

* I can't breath...* she thinks to herself... Something is being pushed in of her mouth... She can't open her eyes... Sharp pain in the throat... Lilly panics...

*Don't touch me!* She wants to scream that but...  she's off to the light again...

Yes, that's where she should go.. No pain here, no more sound... The little beat is gone... Lilly sees a hand... Somebody is there...

"Grand-pa? But I've never met you before."

And there's Billy, her little cat... Where did it come from?... It died a long time ago...

*Billy! come here baby...*

Loud yell in her ear, Lilly jumps:

 

"Clear!" that came from a man's voice... Sharp pain in the chest... "Clear!"

 

Somebody shouts again... Lilly feels like she's been hit by lightning.

*What's going on?...*

Flashback...

A truck... On the highway... Can't avoid it... Lights out... Tumbling... Her favorite CD was playing - Buena Vista Social Club...

 

Sharp pain in the neck... Head hurts... And then, nothing...

Black out.
--------------------------------------------------------

*What happened? * Lilly doesn't know...Where is she?... Who's with her?

Lilly feels numb... She can think again. Her body is heavy and she can't open her eyes...

*Who's there, stop touching me...* Sharp pain in the arm...

*Leave me alone...*

Black out again.

---------------------------------------------------------

* A soft kiss on my cheek. Warm breath on my forehead... -Mom?-*

(Deep voice...) "Lilly, open your eyes... please..."

*Who's that? Who's talking to me?... I can't open my eyes... I can't talk... I feel pain all over!...*

Moaning... *that's me, I'm making a sound*

(softer, deep voice again...) "Lilly... you've been in an accident - but you're ok..."

*That's Mario... Oh Mario... Don't go... Stay there... I can't... I want to open my eyes... Help me
Soft hand on my cheek, he's not going anywhere... I've got to look at him...
I can feel a tear rolling on my cheek... I think I almost died. My neck hurts, my hole body hurts... The beeping is there but it's not too loud... I'm ok...*-------------------------------------------

 

Black out for a third time

 

............................................................



Lilly is awake now... She must have slept for many hours... She knows now where she is... She's in a hospital, she had an accident...

On the chair next to her is her Mario... He's holding her hand... His palm is sweaty... He must have been holding it for so long now... He never went away...

Mario opens his eyes... He looks at Lilly who's got her eyes open too now... He starts to cry like hurt child... Lilly feels like crying too.

"Hold me!" she cries out, finally she is able to talk... As they hold on to each other, both of them calm down...

"I thought I was going to loose you... but you're ok ... the doctors said you'll be fine... I love you Lilly, I love you..." says Mario.

"I love you too Mario, I want to stay alive... Thank you for being there for me..."

 




To be continued...

© 2008 Patsy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Sorry to take a while. Have read nothing for two weeks and Lilly was the first thing I looked at. Naturally I am shocked to find the story has taken a dark turn. But she is alive and there HE is holding her hand and they are clearly even closer now. But what caused the accident? You are STILL bossing my curiosity!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

such an emotional chapter... so glad she makes it ... and that mario stayed around to be there with her through the trama.


Posted 15 Years Ago


Sorry to take a while. Have read nothing for two weeks and Lilly was the first thing I looked at. Naturally I am shocked to find the story has taken a dark turn. But she is alive and there HE is holding her hand and they are clearly even closer now. But what caused the accident? You are STILL bossing my curiosity!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very real, easy read. Well done. You take us into a place of sweet tenderness and the type pain we only feel when we are close to losing someone.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So sweet! *tear* That was great! it also makes me want to know more. ANd see what happenes with Lilly and Mario.
Great job!
-Brie

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2008
Last Updated on May 20, 2008

Author

Patsy
Patsy

Born in Montréal, Canada



About
I write out of inspiration, or when I am shocked by good or bad news... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..