Paint Me As I Am

Paint Me As I Am

A Poem by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

a poem

"

Paint me as I am
All the imperfections
Do you see them?
I mean, really, they are quite obvious
so paint them a shade of
grey

Paint me as I am all the consellations

I was runner up in the game of life

Never the winner

So paint them a hue of

if I only knew


Paint me as I am
Silliness
shyness
The shyness may not show so well
still
it's there
As for the silliness
it shines right through
So paint them a hue of
blue

Paint me as I am

All the love inside

I gave it away

You took it for granted

Sucked it up

Now I'm a half empty cup

Paint them a color of

sorrow

One you may have to borrow

if

It's not in your pallette


Paint me as I am
All the passion
joy
The happiness
once so apparent
Paint them a shade that is
transparent

Paint me as I am

The

sadness

insecurities

regerts

remorse

the losses

they hurt so hard

so paint them the

deepest hue of blackish blue


Paint me as I am
A heart as big as the Texas sky
Yet as empty as yesterdays coffee cup
Paint my heart many colors
but the crack
paint it the same shade of
if I only knew

My heart paint it

red

pink

purple

indigo

because it was once

alive

vibrant


Paint me as I am
Paint me like me
Tell me, what do you see






 

© 2008 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
This is a poem i wrote about five years ago .. i was depressed.. it does not look like the original which had some colored text and a different format.. too bad

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Fabulous
love the layout and comparisons
to your heart and all the hurt inside......

We tend to see so many emotions in
colours but always the heart red and
our moods many different ones.........
its amazing when we think that colours
represent so much in our hearts.

Very sad piece though.

Posted 16 Years Ago


24 of 24 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Looks like you�re on a roll when it comes to creativity.

I can�t add any more to what has already been said, so I�ll just end here!

This is brilliant!

God�s Blessing
Phillozofee

Posted 16 Years Ago


21 of 23 people found this review constructive.

This is a wonderful and imaginative piece. It shows the many and sometimes contradicting thing that are the heart of a woman. Yet we are surprised when men are so quick to break our hearts they don't have a clue. It is a very well done piece and unique in style and content. Great write.
Debby

Posted 16 Years Ago


25 of 26 people found this review constructive.

You have a typo in stanza 2, line 4. "piant" suppose to be paint.

Well anyways,this is a very great piece. It's so filled with emotion and it's extremely well written. Plus, the format is very good in this piece because it actually helps to get your point across. I mean. some poets use formatting and it doesn't get the point across better than writing it regularly. However, the formatting-especially the color, does get your point across better.

Nice job on this.:)

Posted 16 Years Ago


25 of 26 people found this review constructive.

what to say? This is a brilliant piece, like a song. and old song full of depth and inflection, little specs of inperfect changes that come together and shine. wow. what a piece... love the structure and form it adds yet another layer to it. this piece is like an onion you keep peeling and crying and getting under the skin. sigh it's great.

Posted 16 Years Ago


25 of 26 people found this review constructive.

This is very deep and a thinker piece. I really enjoyed the way you conveyed yourself and words in this one a lot. Very strong voice but in a passive style. Really making a person wonder about you and the world that they live in that effects them and us as a whole. I really loved this piece a lot.

Great Job!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


27 of 28 people found this review constructive.

I like verbs and repetitions of verbs work for me. Paint seems a positive verb and it is an invite made from openess from someone who wants the truth. It also challenges the painter and the reader, so the poem is active and draws you in 'just what is this or any person, myself included, really like?' That's what it made me think anyway, though maybe the poem is intended also for someone or those close to you. But it has worked for me on the broader level, certainly. It is a gentle poem, there is an acceptance of what life has dealt you and no pain or regret. The poem is also light an the focus on colours is cheerful. It even looks light and open and cheerful...no dense slabs of words. But the main thing is the invite to 'be honest with me'. Something we should all ask from those who know us and the world in general, if we can face it. I'd say to be able to ask for the truth is very positive and far preferable to shunning it or, worse, seeking to bend it to suit us.

Posted 16 Years Ago


29 of 30 people found this review constructive.

Awsome poem. Nice concept. As usual you have painted a vivid image in my mind. great work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


26 of 29 people found this review constructive.

Chloe, this is a unique and creative piece. You are such a special woman, I can hear it in your poetry and in your short stories. You are a woman of passion and purpose. I admire that-that dwells on the inside of you and flows freely from your heart, expressing to the world what you are feeling. Some of our greatest, most melodious writing comes from trials and melancholy moments.

Paint me as I am

All the love inside (You give love so freely. It is obvious--Your reviews & your thoughtful
comments are plentiful! I, for one appreciate them!)
I gave it away


Paint me as I am
All the passion
joy
The happiness... (Your zest for life is enamoring. Thank you...)


Paint me as I am
A heart as big as the Texas sky (Obviously as big as the Texas sky!)


All of us have imperfections and cracks, sometimes we feel like the half-empty cup-dry & parched, all of us have regrets, remorse, and insecurities, and at times we feel morose, but never the less, I see all of the above in you and more. A beautiful woman with a heart of Gold.

May you be blessed this day and always, carole


Posted 16 Years Ago


31 of 32 people found this review constructive.

wow, love this piece, great saturation of words and colors
love you! my fav. piece of yours right now :) :D :S

mimi

Posted 16 Years Ago


28 of 30 people found this review constructive.

"Never the winner...So paint them a hue...of If I only knew" God, those are great lines. Chloe, I think you are a writer like me: you just have that natural ability to take from whatever thoughts are in your head and slam it out on the keyboard withou hesitation. I really love what you've done here, and the lines "Paint me as I am A heart as big as the Texas sky Yet as empty as yesterdays coffee cup" are soulful, like something sung in The Blues. :)



Posted 16 Years Ago


30 of 31 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3580 Views
139 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on March 31, 2008
Last Updated on March 31, 2008

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..