Bewitchment

Bewitchment

A Poem by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

three words..

"

                  

What do i do
how do i live
breathe
sleep
eat
lie
talk
dream
scheme
die

Did i
push you away?
was i
too clingy?
when i
said those
three
little
words
"I
love
you"
did i scare you?

Sometimes
i frighten myself
too
on nights
when the
moon
is full
i do have this habit
of saying
I
Love
You

I do think you
bewitched me
 

© 2008 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
Some people are a little or a lot intimidated by the words, ' i love you' ..

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like this write...often times two people see the same relationship so differently...and when what we perceive as a great relationship ends, we are sometimes left to wonder...why? what went wrong? It's those questions that can haunt us and become our baggage almost more than the heartache of a failed relationship. Always second guessing ourselves in future relationships...losing some of the freedom to just be ourselves.

laura

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

beautiful poetry-breath taking in its simplicity

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is an amazing write. The way you formatted it really adds to the poem. Great job!!!

Heather

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow, this is really an incredible writing and i have to say that i love the concept, its inspiring, i could write a poem after reader this, just by the way your words draw upon a magical nature in the idea which gracefully defines what it means to be charmed in essence, as well as the power of saying those three lil words which have an effect and always seem to take on a life of their own, as you have so poetically captured here, this is spellbound, haunting, and absolutely beautiful, mike

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I love those three powerful words. I lOVE YOU. I enjoyed your poem and in the style you wrote it in. Intimidated never! Shelly

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Even if you took those three little words back, would it be better? I don't think so. Some people feel as if the challenge is over once these words are said. They may feel like "I have her" now, the game is over. And the sad part, that person may love you as well. I don't know if this stems from childhood, maybe the other person doesn't even love him/herself so therefore, doesn't have the capacity to love another. You wrote a wonderful poem here.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Chloe,
This is raw. In a good way. If he (or she) went away after you said the most imortant, powerful, confusing, affectionate, scary, and vulnerable thing one person can say to another, than the answer about whether you scared her (or him) is probably yes. However, even if not, even if that person is: fucked in the head, a user, a lier, an alien, or just hasnt yet come to to terms with his (or her) sexuality, the more important thing you might ask yourself is "what have I learned about Chloe?" Everything else are just pebbles on a beach.
-jr

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I love the content as well as the style you used. It really flows. Wonderful work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I like this poem, especially - the beginning. I nice list of things to do. The only ones which aren't essential are lying, dreaming (which is also a form of lying, but - to yourself), and scheming (again!)
saying "i love you" is just another type of perversion.
"sometimes i frighten myself too" = nice shift. i like it.
Esje.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

its so funny how just three words can change a person's life. this is very insightful and really speaks to the reader, they can probably even relate to it. very well done with this on chloe. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

765 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 10, 2008
Last Updated on March 10, 2008

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..