Forgive Us

Forgive Us

A Poem by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

Self explanatory

"

The rain hurts my face
cold, stinging
the taste is bitter on my tongue
unleashed anger
sadness
disappointment
she has in us
for us
i taste it

Barefoot I walk
she feels hard
unyielding
her grass pricks my feet
i feel it
lush softness gone

She is angry
we have raped her
disrespected her
poisoned her air
with gases, chemicals, bombs
tore a hole in her soul
because we
became ;

lazy
apathetic
greedy
uncaring
comfortable

She knows
she sees us
she hears us
she cries tears of anger
her breathing is fast
rapid, strong
she blows down upon us
her fury unleashed in
gasps of her breath
her breath that
blows us apart
tears us, pulls us up to her
pushes us away from her
gone from our Mother
 Earth

Her mind is becoming weak
from the poisons and hole within her
she sometimes forgets the Seasons
sending us Spring in Winter
Summer in Fall
making everything change
topsy-turvey like a carnival ride

Oh, Mother forgive us
let us heal you
let us heal each other
forgive us dear Mother Earth
please say it is not too late
harm was never our intention
re-harness your wrath
we ask
give us a chance to show you
we do care

We never meant to harm you






 

© 2010 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
Time to make a change
before it is too
if it is not too late..

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh, Mother forgive us
let us heal you
let us heal each other
forgive us dear Mother Earth
please say it is not too late
harm was never our intention
reharness your wrath
we ask
give us a chace to show you we do care

We never meant to harm you


And a wrath it is...............such a powerful write, and vivid in its anger, but will earth forgive?
I saw a young boy survived............but lost his mother..........such devastation and loss..........all prayers are with them.............and this write is a reminder of how fragile we all are, and we are at the mercy of mother nature.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

She is Strong, Our Mother Earth. She'll forgive And forget when we see as one maybe.
Great sentiment, in a sense ye describe her as All Knowing, All Giving, and All The Rest, These
are all in her, she wishes this upon us.......

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A worthwhile write, a good write, it is easy to see that this is an heartfelt piece, sadly I don't see much hope for future generations, from where I am sat things look like they will only get worse,
the desertfication in Africa is growing at an alarming rate, water already in short supply will become much scarcer resulting in the migration of millions trying to get out of Africa into Europe and with the best will in the world Europe will not be able to cope with such an influx=fortress Europe.
Bernie

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chloe-

Yes, it is times to make a change. But, where should we start? At times, it seems as though there are only changes that we need to make, systematically speaking.

Keep your chin up, camper. One way or another, this can't go on forever!

I love your style on this one, however. It is just raw, unbridled energy like being caught in a Class V hurricaine! Way to get me inspired. :)

Luv,
Gabe


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The emotions here are straight from your soul, nothing was contrived. I can see the commercial back in the 70s where the Indian is canoeing through the trash-filled water. We were warned then. People throw out there garbage onto the ground while driving and in parking lots. Mother Nature deserves respect! We must teach our own children and also have programs in school to avoid laziness and disregard for the planet.
Alright, where was I? Oh yeah...Sorry Chloe! Your poem hit me like wildfire! Excellent message and presentation of your precious words.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is great! Loved this!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Bravo...cracking write. The personification of the climate, our climate works brilliantly.

For what it is worth my feeling is that it may be too late. I think we are all addicts of materialism and will nor surrender our comforts until we have to or they are ripped away from us. But by then it will be too late.

We can not go on as we are that is clear. Every aspect of our existance must be examined...every aspect of it. And if we do not reform, the climate will enforce change on us. We are an astonishingly complacent species as we have no predators other then the odd virus. Economic growth is our only real god now.


Posted 16 Years Ago


Sadly I think the world has past the point of being able to return to the garden of Eden. From the first instance of our existence we appear to have set out to corrupt the planet we live upon whilst we love life. I don't know if we have been ignorant of what we have done or just been greedy - I guess this depends on who you talk to. You can't uneat the apple......
Liked the way this flowed. The end I'm not so sure about. Whilst I am convinced you are very genuine I'm not so sure about everyone on the planet. Every day I pollute the planet by driving to work, I use the power of electricity, eat foods that are not organic and breath air that could be saved to be used by someone better than myself. I am one of the guilty.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is such a deeply emotional and wrenching poem, it seems that the sentiment is the same expressed by many Native Americans in areas like Black Mesa / Big Mountain Arizona, where the strip mining Peabody company has devastated the land, displaced families and depelted the water supplies. Very powerful imagery, very well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thanks for your piece on world healing,we need to reach as much as possilbe.
Keep on bringing this to our attention so the people of the world can be aware of the sittuation at hand.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

what a special piece of work. I have not come across a lot of writing about environmental importance. You wrote it with such grace. Forgiveness is so important and it is important that we acknowledge that as human beings we have made mistakes and now we correct them by being conscience of our choices before we kill ourselves and the earth. Thank you for sharing this. I hope many people read it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1128 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on February 11, 2008
Last Updated on April 29, 2010

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing