For A Beautiful Dreamer

For A Beautiful Dreamer

A Poem by Chloe..Across the Universe



Vincent may I say how beautiful you are
Even though they called you 'ugly'
May I say how sorry I am you were plagued
and how you suffered .. maybe like me, you
were melancholy, a dreamer who's dreams were
never fulfilled .. no one would listened when you told
them the wonders of the Lord
Vincent, I know how you felt in ways...just small ways.. still
Vincent you sparked and sparkled
through your paintings
No one cared to buy one until you died
But as this song for you says,
"This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you"
Now you shine on
Now your mind is clear
Now, rest




Just wanted to share this song and these paintings ... take a breath and relax.
I know not everyone has the same taste in art / music if this does not appeal to you ..
I think you are missing out on a few things...

Please tell me your thoughts on Vincent and his life, art and this song ..I like to share idea's and music..

Peace

© 2010 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
what do you think of the man and this song?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I live in the UK and once went to a Don McClean show, he had people silent, silent as he sang this, then, at the end of the performance he sang American Pie and had everyone on their feet .. mainly Brits but .. that was/is his magic.

Your poem about Van Gogh gives that artist so much respect, his early work flowied but was near constrained, his later work gradually become increasingly more and more the man's poor mind turning into a darker madding mist.

There are numerous books about his life, will try to find the author of the best biog' , can't think of it this moment.

I love these words of yours because, well, just because, ' Vincent you sparked and sparkled '


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

cool piece, cool pictures, cool music, from my favorite cool person.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Van Gogh was a priest before he was a painter and part of his spiritual beliefs was that man had to suffer in order to find salvation, I think thats why he had the extremely ascetic lifestyle choices that he did. He would purposely starve himself for days, sleep outside in the the snow, and wear the same clothes for months while he was a priest. He would go around doing hard gruntwork for the local peasants for free refusing any payment. He thought that through such suffering and deprivation you gained sympathy for others who suffered and went without and thus became more christlike.

I think this was why he had the outlook on humanity that he did. He thought prostitiutes were holier than nuns.He thought criminals were more important than the clergymen. It was because I think that if someone is at the bottom and they still have light in them then that makes them holy, or I assume thats the way he seen it.

As far as his mental problems go i would say that van gogh probaly had schizophrenia and manic depression at the same time. He was also an epilectic who drank gargantuan shitloads of absinthe and its a medical fact that those two are not a good combination. I also woulden't be surprised if he possibly had some case of aspergers syndrome. To have all those ailments one would suffer much and he did. But despite his suffering he had sympathy for others who suffered as well and it showed in his work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I live in the UK and once went to a Don McClean show, he had people silent, silent as he sang this, then, at the end of the performance he sang American Pie and had everyone on their feet .. mainly Brits but .. that was/is his magic.

Your poem about Van Gogh gives that artist so much respect, his early work flowied but was near constrained, his later work gradually become increasingly more and more the man's poor mind turning into a darker madding mist.

There are numerous books about his life, will try to find the author of the best biog' , can't think of it this moment.

I love these words of yours because, well, just because, ' Vincent you sparked and sparkled '


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think van Gogh was brilliant.
He had a troubled life, and a troubled mind.
But he created beauty.
A true genius, if there ever was one.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Tis an appealing poem and it made me investigate Van Gogh. I must confess that I am more of a fan of Gustave Dore, Michelangelo and William Blake. But I did enjoy your video and was stirred by your poem.

Dore ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL1bfSpQeoM

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love love love love Van Gogh and am so inspired by him and his story. There is an excellent biography of him (can find author if you're interested, I can't remember at the moment) and I was riveted. Have you seen Simon Schama's The Power of Art episode on Van Gogh? Worthwhile. Also - I love this song, and you do great justice to it in your poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


in small ways . . . beautiful Chloe, my co-workers kid that I am a bad mother when we go to the art museum on spring break instead of the amusement park . . . but I want them to find beauty and ideas and music in these small ways :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


beautiful poem, Chloe. Van Gogh is my favorite artist. His painting breathe life. He didn't care for the rich, one can see it how he's chosen his motives, everything is vivid, he have things and people life. Once he said something like - someone has burning fire in his soul but no one stops by to get a bit warmer - I've read this quote in Slovak years ago but I've never forgotten. Such a heart, you are, you know?

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well, Ms. Chloe. This is one of my favorite songs, ever. Don McLean has a beautiful voice. He tells the story of Vincent Van Gogh with such tender care and beauty. It brought tears to my eyes, really.

I love the work of Van Gogh. He was so tortured by Melancholy and, ultimately, despair. If that were not bad enough, this condition was thought to be a deadly sin in his time. Sad. He had a beautiful way of depicting the world. Some of the most magnificent art is born of depression.

My baby's nursery was decorated in the theme of 'Starry Night'.

Thanks for sharing this. Also, lest I forget, nicely written tribute to the man as well. Well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Van Gogh and Don Mclain... two great artist that both were never fully appreciated in their times... but so many of the truly great aren't mainly cause they are usually ahead of their time and so not fully understood... a really beautiful dedication my friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
13 Reviews
Added on June 7, 2010
Last Updated on June 10, 2010

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing