No Saftey Net

No Saftey Net

A Story by Chloe..Across the Universe

Nine years ago America awoke to another routine day. People wiped the  sleep from their eyes, got their coffees perhaps a cigarette, a bowl of Cheerios and other  breakfast foods. Some may have hurried from their houses without eating at all... some maybe had nothing to eat... All had one thing for sure in common. This day would be like no other ever known ....

Around mid-morning or there about daily routines were interrupted. People watched in horror and disbelief as a huge plane flew straight through one of the Twin Towers! What is going on we wondered? Soon enough we found out and soon enough another plane flew, crashed into the other tower. Our America under attack? How could this be? We were immune to these horrors here in our country. This did not happen in America! We were safe here.

We all remember this day. The people who died while earning their daily bread , those who died on the ground and in the air trying to safe America and Americans...Our America was no longer safe. We could not take for granted our safety.... I send my thanks again to those who died while helping others. I send my heartfelt sympathies to all who lost someone that day... and to our America who held us safe in her ample bosom I mourn. America has been scarred forever. Those missing towers that rose high into the skyline of New York a stark reminder of that day and those that could follow.

I have always felt religion to be a personal choice , I respect that. But I cannot say I feel it is ' right ' to build a Mosque so close to Ground Zero. To me it seems a slap in the face of the families and victims of all who lost their lives 9/11/01 . Freedom, yes, but to build so close to this now sacred ground seems another wound to so so many.

I love my country and all her people... may she and we heal and be the country we were and our meant to be.

© 2010 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
just me rambling on... whatever your opinion about the building i respect.
a bit sick lately, stress i am told... miss you all .. will be back later to get lost in your words and imaginations.

I felt i had to say something about this date .. never will it be or should it be forgotten.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. i have always been struck by your warmth and concern for people and issues and lives ... 9/11 is one of the greatest tragedies ever ... in india ... we have lost a lot to terrorism too ... it's just so sad ... so tragic ... and so devastating ...

. hope you feel better real soon ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I watched the event from a steel day room stool in a max.security prison.
I too was affected profoundly.
Over the last couple years I have been granted the good fortune of time and equipment for research.
This was one of them.
What I found empowered me, and gave me Direction that I did not previously have.


Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
ramble away!! I really like this! it's strong, heartfelt and powerful! very sad... never forgotten is right!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Terrorist have been a round for 5000 years. 9/11 taught us we best protect our borders with great skill. Many terrorist attacks in the USA in the last 20 years. Done by white American. We need strong people who will not allow hate and racism to control our world. I pray for better days. Time for the powerful countries to leave area of the world that are older and wiser to fix their own problems. Guns and Soldiers have never brought peace to any region. Seeing 150 thousand Soldiers on your soil. Make you the terrorist? A powerful poem. I ask many Government people. What the purpose of the Soldiers policing area of the Middle East? They always invent ghosts and fiction to create fear. Secure border and common sense leadership will fix the world. In a fist fight. No-one can win.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


It has always struck me how ordinary that morning must have seemed as everyone went to work. I myself, miles away in southwest Va, could not believe the news. It had to be an accident i was in such disbelief. The ordinariness of the day was shattered forevermore. Now not many days don't go by in which I think of those who died there and their normal ordinary lives. Lives very similar to ones we lead today. It can't happen here became it can happen to me that day. On the matter of the building, I believe in religious freedom also, but I do not think the mosque has to be built there. it can be built somewhere else just as easily. its not a matter of the buildings opponents being anti-muslim, its a matter of respect for those who lost their lives and their families.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. i have always been struck by your warmth and concern for people and issues and lives ... 9/11 is one of the greatest tragedies ever ... in india ... we have lost a lot to terrorism too ... it's just so sad ... so tragic ... and so devastating ...

. hope you feel better real soon ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Everything should be done to stop this Mosque from being built period. The funny thing is if the Muslims ever take over our land, the liberals and "alternate" lifestyles would be the first ones put to death and still they plead to let it be built.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

393 Views
6 Reviews
Added on September 11, 2010
Last Updated on September 11, 2010

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing