Journey to Beauty

Journey to Beauty

A Story by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

a short- short

"
Walking alone late night searching for peace and sanctimony. The moonlight shines down upon me bathing me in it's beauty. Moon glow surrounds me.
Within the shadows I hear a noise...a voice calling for me. I recognize the voice I have been trying to escape. I don't want you near, I don't want you here.
Yet there you are with blood-red eyes. I cannot turn my head, can't break the gaze. As if in a trance I walk to you. Your ice cold lips burn hell's fire.
You smell of a funeral pyre. Your thin white hands aglow in the moon's light feels like artic wind on my hot skin.
Too close, you are too close. I cannot break the gaze.

As your sharp white fangs of teeth sink deep within my skin, for moment I feel such dread. My heart quickens, my breathing ceases. I hear the beating of our hearts inside my head. Loud, so loud they beat in time like a marching band. God how beautiful. I hear the leaves rustling in the trees , see the stars in the blue-black sky magnified a million times. I hear insects as they scurry across the damp, dank earth. The sound of voices from far away, speaking languages I am just learning echo inside my head.
It feels as if I am just beginning to live. My eyes see clearer than ever before across vast lands and terrains. I see your beautiful face. I know my fate. "Forgive me
Oh, God, I have fallen from your grace."

© 2011 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
many vampire movies on late night tv..
writers blockage

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh man, I love vampires :D. This reminds me of Anne rice's work. You should continue this into a full short story!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Cool. I seriously like this one but I'm not a fan of poetry. It comes to me that you are trying to make a story but it is shortening to a poem. no offense.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderfully descriptive, I kept thinking of a rabbit in that hypnotic panic before the gaze of a snake. I wonder what passes through their minds as they surrender to their predator? Direct, vivid, captivating... an excellent wordcrafting!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
now thats a beautiful piece of prose..capturing the moment of turning and the ending..nice

Posted 13 Years Ago


Vampires are always so romantic and still deadly as they seperate our souls from God. I like the ending it is like a huge wake up call from the special affects of being bitten. Still very romantic! Great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I was seduced into this place of rustling leaves and echos of the mind

My heart quickened under the blue-black sky
Moon glow surrounds me ...will I ever die

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow this was very well written. Wonderful imagery. I was draw in from the beginning and compelled to read on. This was fantastic story telling. Much enjoyed..

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good read Chloe, but are you looking for sactuary or sanctimony? If it is the latter, we only have to look around us to find plenty of it!lol

I have always hated horror, but I did feel your words getting under my skin. I think it was in the first paragraph, which is a good sign that I'm hooked on the story.

Smiling at you

Tai

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

646 Views
13 Reviews
Added on March 5, 2011
Last Updated on March 5, 2011

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing