Sway

Sway

A Poem by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

shall we dance

"

Dance with me
please
hold me close
sway with me
bone to bone
arms around
waist
arms around
neck
sway

Let the music take us
to another
realm
just you
me
swaying

Not too close
when we are alone
then
we will fall into
each others skin

For now
just need you
holding me
dance me
and sway
with me

Stay

© 2008 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
restoration .. my mind is numb so no poems or stories come .. they are sleeping

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I can almost hear and feel the rhythm of the music in this one. I really love the inner thoughts of the speaker. The flirty way she's like come here, but not too close. Later. That's the way to control a man. Besides they love it when we take command like that. lol

Good read. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


32 of 32 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ahh I like the words close and bone being near each other. I also like how then it alone on the line in the third stanza. It was a great way to separate the setting.

Posted 16 Years Ago


The movement is well done and I like the style. It is one that I like to use as well. I feel that this is more prose than pome. I would like to have added a three dimintional force to sway like color. I know from reading a lot of you work that you often was color as an exciter and it would really go well here. However it is a well done view of sway and stay. I loved the read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Well I'm glad you restored this one because it's really good...I love the feeling of the swaying and dancing here...it reaches beyond the dance floor into the what this relationship...we all dance through life in one way or another and this plays with that idea quite well :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kind of reminds me of that song........" Music playing, bodies swaying..... Hows it go ???? Its stuck in my head now. Slow dancing , swaying to the music.... No one else but you and ...... Hows it go????
See what you have done to me Chloe!!!! (smile) This was a cool poem and I have always liked your stuff.
Thanks for sharing.
Kelley

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i like!
its nice!
but its a bit beyond the one you love/like. right?

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Miss Chloe,
The simplicity of the this piece is its strength. Often I catch myself becoming rigorous with impatience, weighed down trying to find those perfect, elegant, fitting words when they are more often than not they lye right in front of me for the taking. I am just too consumed with myself to realize that less is so often, much more. This piece illlusrates the simplicty of expressing a valid, candid point through only a select few words. What is present is how carefully you chose which words you would use to create a a vision: dancing- not to close, but just close enough to feel safe and secure. It gives the mental picture of the two of you swaying to the music, head resting his (or her) chest. At peace if only for a moment.
-jr

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This poem is bugging me out cuz it reminds me of a song from the 70's and I can't remember the name!! lol I know it's a song by Steve Miller Band though... Might be their song Swingtown... :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

we will fall into
each others skin

These are my favorite lines in this poem... nice image :)

Sweet poem hon.

Faerie Blessings!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Me
Simplistic yet elegant. Hidden inside of such an innocent, simple grouping of words you've managed to capture the intricacies of some extremely complex emotions. Beautiful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Gorgeous. romantic and sensual, without being over the top.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2325 Views
118 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 14, 2008
Last Updated on April 14, 2008

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..