Sad Day

Sad Day

A Poem by Paul Bell

It was a sad day in May when you went away.

Sadder In June when you came home too soon.

July flew by, followed by a Lawyers letter, infidelity, such a cruel word.

August, your sister left, stating it was probably for the best. I had to agree, it was always about you, never me.

September gave you a call, the phone was answered by some guy called Paul. Hated him from the start, he said hello, so condescending, how did he know.

October, you walked in as the au pair was hoovering in the nude, I have to say, your timing is lousy, couldn’t you phone, the au pair has left in despair, not that you would care.

November, nice couple came to view the house, she asked if she could come back later to measure up. She measured up just fine, so, new curtains, new girlfriend.

December, she went back to her man, citing cruelty to dumb blondes. I think women just take me for a ride, I’m to good-natured, hard to decide.

January,  I’ve made a resolution, going to change my ways, actually feeling quite good, time to give the good lady a call. She’s engaged to Paul. What the hell, have I been asleep, found the letter on the floor with the others marked bore, I could have swore.

Feb I’ve grown a beard adds a bit of sophistication to a man of endears. Tried you on the phone, I only asked where my blades were, no need to moan.

March It’s your birthday, I send you a card. All my forgiveness, from the heart. You respond in haste, and may I add, in really bad taste., I f*****g hate you. well.

April They’ve come to take the house, I see your sister opening the gate, a friendly face. She owns the company, well isn't that great.

May  I’ve had a really bad year and then some, pain does that to a man, it’s hard to explain. I suppose the moral of the May when you went away leaving me to play, is the damn month of June when you came home too soon. So anyway, her and Paul got married, I sort of gave her away, asked her sister if she wanted a date. What a bloody response.
Not if all the months were May.

© 2018 Paul Bell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are the very best when it comes to encapsulating the monthly curses of relationships which we all recognize so easily. I’m amazed at how you know & express each of these stages, putting the crux of the situation into so few words, but each phase packing a punch. Since I was “fixed” at a young age, I never had to deal with the monthly curse . . . your list reminds me how lucky I’ve been! *smile* Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


barleygirl

5 Years Ago

Are you kidding? That’s like asking Trump if he wants to testify for the Russia investigation!
Paul Bell

5 Years Ago

Like the way you Putin that.
barleygirl

5 Years Ago

You killed it . . . I'm glad I was feeling "up" for the experience this morning! *wink! wink!*

Feb I’ve grown a beard adds a bit of sophistication to a man of endears. Tried you on the phone, I only asked where my blades were, no need to moan.

Lol.... :) Paul do what you do best... weekly ones... Heheh...the long term not for you... you might want to strangle them for their dress and shoes :p

Posted 5 Years Ago


Paul Bell

5 Years Ago

is that allowed. lol
Ardra

5 Years Ago

What strangling :p

Heheh.... you don't need permission isn't it...
Your sad poem, was from the point of view of the reader, an entertaining and amusing read. I read it twice. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Paul Bell

5 Years Ago

Do you think he learned his lesson.
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Where women are concerned, I doubt it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 15, 2018
Last Updated on April 15, 2018

Author

Paul Bell
Paul Bell

About
I like poetry and stories that tell me something. Sometimes the shortest poems hit the hardest. If I post something serious, don't worry, a funny poem will follow. Don't hesitate to tell me if my po.. more..

Writing
The Dream The Dream

A Poem by Paul Bell


Full Bloom Full Bloom

A Poem by Paul Bell