Phoenix

Phoenix

A Poem by Paza

 

Fiery love, born from the ashes of past hurt

Tentative, but willing to hope again

Burning brightly, illuminating the cold darkness

Only to be shot down in its flight

By a love still smoldering in its own ashes

Not ready to take wing, not yet ready to trust

A heart wounded, nonetheless still beating

Will one day find its true twin phoenix

© 2012 Paza


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

rebirth of the self and a revival of the love that, while painful, is worth it. nice job

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like the deepness I feel from this poem. I feel the longing for love the hurt the pain but the passion that will not burn out. It can be reignited I love it. Beautiful!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This piece leaves me feeling an awkward sadness, as I think about some of my beliefs on love and on life in general. For some quirky reason, I believe in a contrary mix of a multitude of religions - which for the point I wish to make here; involves the Wheel. To an extent, given the particular time of day - I believe that we live many lives, etc, etc. We have lived many previously and we will live many more to come. I believe that we have a single soulmate through all these lives. I believe that the Universe has a somewhat cruel sense of humor. So, as we live each life - the Universe finds new and interesting ways for us to come across the one we are meant to love and the one that is meant to love us... at the wrong time. Oh the irony and oh the tragedy and all those oh noes of how this plays out time after time... while there will generally be many loves throughout each of our lives, that one love that would be the brightest is almost inevitably denied us for one series of unfortunate events or another....

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

585 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 10, 2008
Last Updated on January 13, 2012

Author

Paza
Paza

About
I'm a woman, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a lover, a friend...I could be the woman next door, you never know. more..

Writing
Dried Up Dried Up

A Poem by Paza