Prolouge~ Fear

Prolouge~ Fear

A Chapter by Emily Pazienza
"

The ground smelled of spring; wet grass trees and flowers. But, it felt cold, in a comforting sort of way.

"

~The ground smelled of spring; wet grass trees and flowers. But, it felt cold, in a comforting sort of way. I rolled from my stomach onto my back. I gazed at thee treetops covering the sky. They were familiar, yet so different than anything I had ever seen in my life.

~Slowly, I pushed myself up. I squinted back the way I had come to see what had tripped me. There was a root that had been pulled up, almost intentionally. Almost as though it was deliberately put there to make me fall as I ran through the woods. But why was I running in the first place? Was I going somewhere? Or trying to get away from somewhere, or someone?

~I slowly stood to my feet, my head throbbing. Confused, I strained to hear a tiny rhythm not too far away from where I was now. It was a steady rhythm, getting gradually louder. It was someone running. Running towards me.

~That pounding rhythm jerked something awake inside of me. Lucien. Lucien was coming. Of course that's why I was running! How could I have forgotten?

~I turned, abruptly, around and ran once more. I ran and ran and just kept running. I didn't stop, nor did I slow, even with the drizzling rain developing into something more sinister. Even though the rhythm, now far behind me, was almost inaudible, I knew I couldn't afford a break.

~Another root stopped my progress through the trees. This time, when I fell, I hit the ground hard. Mud encased me from my hands, all the way down to my knees. I let out a groan as I forced my scraped and bleeding arms to bring me to my feet.
~Then, the sound running came again. This time, the rhythm was faster, and more persistent. They were determined to find me. Why had I even tried to escape? I thought, hanging my head in defeat. I knew I wouldn't be able to outrun them.
~I jerked my head up, and sprinted forward. A new thought propelling me onward. My brother. I had to see him again, yet I knew Lucien would never allow it. If I wanted to see him, or the rest of my family, I would have to escape from this horrible world.

~The rhythm pounded louder and became more uneven. Soon, I could tell that someone else was trying to catch me. I didn't let that stop me, I pushed forward. The pattering rain against my skin turned into a downpour.


© 2010 Emily Pazienza


Author's Note

Emily Pazienza
Please critique/rate. Oh, and i haven't edited for grammar mistakes yet.


*****I did NOT I repeat NOT copy off of the new book coming out by Harper Teen. When I heard of their story line (The one similar to mine) I screamed out loud. I hope that THEY didn't steal MY work.*****

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Congrats on this great winning work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Short chapter, but still a nice way to start your story. Got me intrigued, wanting to know what happens next!

Posted 13 Years Ago


The ground smelled of spring; wet grass trees and flowers. But, it felt cold, in a comforting sort of way. (this could be one sentence.

The ground smelled of spring; wet grass trees and flowers, but it felt cold in a comforting sort of way. )

Not bad, I saw a few -ly adverbs that could be omitted and the chapter was a bit short, but not a bad start.

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow this is amazing! it's got me hooked and i just want to read more!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Awesome! I really want to read more!

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow this is really good! It makes me want to read more! Thank you for entering it in my contest!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Awesome!!! LOVE IT! 100!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

508 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 25, 2010
Last Updated on August 15, 2010
Tags: Fear, Daybreak


Author

Emily Pazienza
Emily Pazienza

NJ



About
**Well... I have returned.... I haven't been on here for almost a year xDD but i have decided to start to get more dedicated to my writing... so im back xDD woo!** Heyyy everyone! My name is Emily .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Emily Pazienza


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Emily Pazienza



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Charley Charley

A Story by HoWiE