Promise Fulfilled!

Promise Fulfilled!

A Story by Peaches

He was a handsome person and quite fit, even at the age of 80. A loving husband, great father and a best friend for his grand children. Going for a walk in the park, reading the newspaper, playing with his grandchildren, sitting in the terrace gazing at the stars with his wife, were the major activities of his daily life. He sometimes found it hard to recognize his own friends, his people, lost track of days, couldn't even remember if he had his food or not! Him trying to remember something he forgot, was a joke. He asked the same questions, spoke the same words over and over again.

She, on the other hand, was a beautiful, old wife. She completed him in every possible way and had been in love with him since her teen years! Everything seemed perfect to her when he was around. She still felt like a love-struck teenager when she saw him smile at her or when he held her hand. Beneath her wrinkled skin, the gentle and the loving lady had all the patience to answer his questions and listen to him, repeatedly, unlike the others. She had learnt to fall in love with his husband's helplessness.

They were a perfect couple who became role models to the young lovers. They had been with each other through all the ups and downs of life, which made them The Best of Friends. Thank the Heavens, cause he never let Alzheimer give him difficulties in recognizing his wife, never did he forget his love.

When other couples saw these lovely couple, they wished to grow old and be the literal better half of each other... When they were young, they had promised each other to leave the World together. 

If at all that never happened, then the left person would have felt like a lost pup... They were pretty much aware of this and so they saved one another from the bitter moments! They were brought together by love, and they made it immortal! They kept their words and even death failed to separate them...

© 2016 Peaches


Author's Note

Peaches
Hello readers! I am a toddler at writing... Your reviews would help me improve and will mean a lot! Thank you... :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Toddlers make the best writers.
This is very romantic in the best of ways, peaches. I really connected with the emotions you wanted to express and I even felt envious of the great loves some people are blessed to find. Thanks so much for it.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 16, 2016
Last Updated on July 16, 2016

Author