Wonderland.

Wonderland.

A Story by Eileen
"

Basically a one-shot unless I'm inspired to do more.

"
"Sing me a song, just as sweet as her lips. Dance to a rhythmic melody."

  It sang through the empty hallways of the large Victorian house. She danced in circles in front of the fireplace. Skin pale and icy, her eyes closed and she swayed to her own music. Her dark brown hair waved and danced along with her body, and her white dress spun freely and rested so lightly. 
"Bring me the joy of love in the air, when all that was, has gone in despair."

She spun and moved her feet quickly across, letting the vibrations of her voice take her to where she's never been.  Her mind open and free like a child's roaming in places where it's never been before.
"Take me away, Has the sun not set? Has time have not flown by today?"
Round and round, she spins while her voice rings in her ears and the house. Faster, and faster, all is now blurs of red, brown, and gold. 
It's cold.
Oh God.

Why is it getting colder?
She's stopped moving, the light and colors continue to spin. Faster, and faster, and faster it goes. 
It's freezing. 

I can't feel anything.

She screamed a cry of fear and pain. Scared and feeling alone more than every she falls to her knees. Dress draped perfectly on the floor. Arms over her head and her fingers intertwine, she started to cry, and sob. " I'm scared. " She whimpered. 
It stopped. Things slowed down, things slowly restored back to normal. She shuddered and heaved trying to pace her breathing. She shook, scared to let her head go, scared to see what was around her. A figure appeared at the door.  " Who are you? " She asked him. The man jerked his head to the left. She slowly got up. Cautioning her every move, still unstable. He moved.
She walked to the door. " Where'd you go? " No reply. She stepped down the hallway. Each step echo'd throughout the house. 
 
" And maybe one day, they'll steal me away. Take me to a wonderland. "

© 2012 Eileen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was really good. I could imagine the scene.
Great short story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
1 Review
Added on March 20, 2012
Last Updated on March 20, 2012

Author

Eileen
Eileen

MI



About
Hi. I'm Eileen. I'm 16 and a junior in high school. I am an artist, a past passion of mine was writing. Thought I am currently more involved in the visual arts. I play guitar, flute, ukulele, a.. more..

Writing
Ok. Ok.

A Poem by Eileen