Closet To Hell

Closet To Hell

A Story by SeaJay
"

'We all suffer from one form of fear or another. This story stems from just that; FEAR....a fear of the unknown, of the darkness, of monsters, of closets, and combination of them together.

"

Two siblings were playing with a super ball, you know, the small rubber type ball with glitter inside that you throw and it bing, bing, bings off a hundred surfaces within the room? Ya, that kind. 

They were taking turns throwing it against the headboard, and the ceiling, laughing as it rebounded quickly and bouncing off in another direction. On one such pitch the super ball hit off numerous objects and magically found its way through the slightly open closet door. One of the girls was deathly afraid of the closet, in general. Just a creepy feeling she got from it , but knew she didnt like it all the same.  The older of the two playmates open the closet door wide, spilling the natural light from the bedroom windows inside, at least half way, if not more. The light bulb chain dangled from the ceiling fixture in the center of the long eave closet space. Didn't matter anyway as they were both too short to reach the pull chain.

The older of the two devises a plan that they have to do rock, paper, scissors, to see which one must enter the closet to first locate, then retrieve the super ball. As luck would have it, scaredy pants lost and had to make her way into the closet, searching through the piles of plastic bags containing off season clothing. She would take a tentative step forward and immediately look back over her shoulder at t he bright streaming light. She looked into the abyss before her and thought she caught sight of the ball and tiptoed over to where she thought she had seen it amidst the sea of bags.

Just as she bent forward to reach for the super ball, the older girl dashes forward and slammed the closet door shut, throwing the younger into complete, utter darkness! She screamed in fear for her playmate to please, please, please open the door.

The older, cruel girl was enjoying her fright and she could hear her laughter through the closed closet door.

In a panic she threw herself toward the area she thought the door was located as her playmate/torturer laughed merrily telling her that the closet floor drops down to hell where she will be cooked alive and eaten by the devil and all the bad people.

She was in hysterics, crying, banging, pleading to be let out of the closet to hell, she didn't want to be cooked and eaten like a hot dog. All of a sudden there was a small ' click ' and then the dark space was flooded with light. The little girl opened her eyes to realize that in her horror she threw herself in the opposite direction of the door and was banging for all she was worth at the far end of the closet, and the adjoining bedroom wall. 

 She lept like a long distance jumper, over the bags of clothing, forgetting the super ball that she let go of while frantically banging in the darkness, and dove out of the closet, crashing into the mean girl, knocking her onto the bedroom floor, where she sat on top of her and rubbed her urine soaked underpants in her face before heading to the bathroom to change into dry clothes.

© 2019 SeaJay


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on February 12, 2019
Last Updated on August 8, 2019
Tags: drama, stories, true story, real events, entertainnment, creative writing