Battle For Katharine Preview - Maxencen

Battle For Katharine Preview - Maxencen

A Story by PenguinEmpiress
"

preview to Battle For Katharine - a look into the past of Maxencen, King of Katharine...

"

Maxencen


Her skin, it’s so cold… the colour and life of it is gone…. But for some reason she still looks so beautiful, even with her pasty pale skin and her tangled hair…


My beautiful flower…. Lifeless and removed….


I caress her cheek slowly… the feeling of her soft skin on my rough palms never seems to leave me… But I feel as if this will be the final time I feel it…. I gently rub her cheek with my thumb feeling her lovely soft skin once again….


I notice strands of her beautiful blonde hair lay over her forehead, and can’t help but brush them away from her eyes…. I can’t help but laugh lightly at the memory of all the times she had batted my hand away because of this simple act….


I smile lightly at her, at my beautiful lover… the one who was going to join me on the throne….


My smile falls at the thought…. ‘She won’t be there’ is all I can think


A tear drops on her face, I notice…. Than another and another….. I feel a hiccup travel up my throat. I sniffle, and try to smile at her. I can only imagine what she would say if she saw me like this…


“Wha’ are you crying for!?..... You’re meant to be a King! You Jackass!”


I wipe away one of the tear marks on her cheek gently, than start caressing her cheek again.


If she were still alive she would never let me do these sorts of expressive actions to her. The thought brings a small smile to my face. More tears fall onto her pale skin than roll down her cheek….


I run my thumb slowly, lightly over her eye… feeling all her lashes as they tickle my skin…


I love her so… yet why is it that…. She lay here dead and I stand here alive…..


My eyes drift to her hands… they’ve turned purple but are the same pasty pale as her face…


I feel something land on my neck, than see drops land on her arms and face….


“I love the rain…. Makes me feel…. Alive!.... What ‘bout you Maxencen? What’s your favourite weather?”


Rain.


You’re favourite….


Lightening cracks behind me, but I’m too focused on her to give a damn…


The rain comes down heavier and faster than before, but all I care for is her… I caress her frozen fingers and hand, as if I’m trying to give life to an already dead being…. But isn’t that what I’m doing.


I track back to her face… her now frozen face, patterned with raindrops…. I looked towards the sky, my dry tears becoming wet once again from the rain and from new ones… I let out a hiccup in pain and feel a pull at my chest….


I grip her hand a little tighter as I look back down to her… I wish so much for her to revert back into her old self. 

The one that would yell at me and hit me hard in the arm for doing something wrong… She was the only one that saw me as something other than a prince…. She saw me as a person… no better or worse than her, herself….


She was the first to show me what the real world was like…. She made me realise real quick how it all worked. And honestly I’ve loved her even more ever since…


Looking at her now, I don’t feel as if that really is her…. Yet I know it is….


I brush away the strand of her hair that had moved back over her face, and lean down… I gently kiss her forehead and run my hand through her hair before it springs back up again. I smile at the curls that refuse to go down on her lifeless body and in turn kiss her cold hand…


It feels so cold and frozen against my lips, yet they still feel like…. Her…..


I gently place her hand on her stomach and stand…. Red, drips and rolls down my pants and boots…. I look at her again one last time, her face still pale yet still so beautiful…


Taking the first step I step away from her… splashing water mixed with red as I turn away from the women I love more than any other…. Tears running down my face as i leave the woman i love behind in the weather that she loves so much.... i choke....


I shall join you soon…..Esma……..Wait for me…….”

© 2016 PenguinEmpiress


Author's Note

PenguinEmpiress
Please Review, I really need feedback on this one, it feels very off to me and doesnt feel like it flows - you know wha i mean?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I am a very unemotional person when it comes to sadness. It takes amazing literature to move me to tears. It's never happened, but I promise you that this came so close that I'm counting this as "The best thing I have ever read." I almost never give anyone that title. Now, please write a book for this and start... Well... now! I HAVE TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS! AND HOW IT ALL BEGAN!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

PenguinEmpiress

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I'm so happy to hear this! Not need to worry either I'm working on the first chap.. read more



Reviews

The chapter reminds me of the concept 'Eternal love'.When I was reading the first paragraph,this reminded me of the song 'Gone with the sin' as the description is both dark and romantic.Really a good story!

You might have included a detailed description of the weather,that would have make it more visual.

Posted 8 Years Ago


PenguinEmpiress

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much! I would normally of put a description of the weather but I was feeling to keep .. read more
I am a very unemotional person when it comes to sadness. It takes amazing literature to move me to tears. It's never happened, but I promise you that this came so close that I'm counting this as "The best thing I have ever read." I almost never give anyone that title. Now, please write a book for this and start... Well... now! I HAVE TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS! AND HOW IT ALL BEGAN!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

PenguinEmpiress

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I'm so happy to hear this! Not need to worry either I'm working on the first chap.. read more
I have chills. Once again, you've made me tear up. This is so sorrowful. All I want to do is reach out and hug both of them, even though one of them is dead. I think the story flows very well. It felt natural as I was reading it, so good work! Thank you for sharing this. Now excuse me, I have to go cry into a pillow.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

PenguinEmpiress

8 Years Ago

my pardons for making you cry ,:) that as sort of my intention, hehe. But thank you telling me it fl.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 15, 2015
Last Updated on June 8, 2016
Tags: death

Author

PenguinEmpiress
PenguinEmpiress

QLD, Australia



About
'Do not pity yourself. If you wallow in self pity, life will be an endless nightmare' ~ Dazai Osamu I'm a loner .o./ Guess i should write something other than that, hey? :p. Ok lets see, I pers.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress